Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bentkey hanging when opening app

Jump to solution

Did you find a fix for the loop where it keeps asking for your age and login info every time? It's driving me nuts! Every time I leave the app and go back in, it thinks I have the free membership and I have to re-login. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Bentkey hanging when opening app

Jump to solution

Hi @Toriofthemob,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for flagging this issue with the Benkey channel constantly in the log-in loop. We're happy to assist.

We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:
  1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

Additionally, for stand-alone channels on the Roku platform, we would recommend contacting the channel support team directly and getting additional help as they are the best ones to assist you with their channel functionality. You can contact them here: Bentley.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Toriofthemob,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for flagging this issue with the Benkey channel constantly in the log-in loop. We're happy to assist.

We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:
  1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

Additionally, for stand-alone channels on the Roku platform, we would recommend contacting the channel support team directly and getting additional help as they are the best ones to assist you with their channel functionality. You can contact them here: Bentley.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
BLK2019

Jump to solution

i am having a similar issue, when i open the app it says "something went wrong" with a RETRY button, when you hit the button nothing happens. i tried all the steps outlined in your response and still having the same issue.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @BLK2019!

We see you are still experiencing the same issue and appreciate your attempts to resolve it.

Before we proceed, we'd like to gather more details about the issue. Can you tell us if the problem is happening with all channels or just one specific channel? Is there an error code appearing on the TV screen? Have you tried using mobile data for a mobile hotspot?

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BLK2019

Jump to solution

it's just the one app and yes we have tried using a hotspot to fix the issue and no there is not an error code on the screen. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.