Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillyBob13

Re: Audio stops working after long pause

Jump to solution

Exact same thing happening here. Any long pause and you lose sound. Only fix is a reboot.

mrkmax

Jump to solution

+1 Same issue. Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
Mayman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Seems like a lot people are having this same issue. Same for me. I have model 4802x with software 11.0 build 4193. Daily always after a long pause we lose audio totally on all apps. I would think there might be a bug in the software. This is my fourth Roku and never had anything like this. Anything that resets the Roku device will fix it temporarily.  Unplug it, go to system power restart both work.

Roku are you listening?

0 Kudos
Dogsivu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exact same issue - only on YT TV too - and "pressing any other button except play" never works unless it's within the first 5 mins after it goes to screen saver.  

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

After some testing on my part, I think @jaybfl found the solution.

0 Kudos
Mayman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

09/09/22 I just received a suggestion from Roku.  Go to settings system power, auto power uncheck the box to auto off after 20 minutes.  I also am trying jaybfl’s suggestion. We’ll see.

SO I’ll give a try. Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
DaveNM

Jump to solution

Hi @Mayman … did the auto power setting change work?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
dharbumma

Jump to solution

TY TY TY! This settings modification worked without requiring a system reboot.

0 Kudos
PeggyR
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a 2021 Roku Ultra...I am still having this issue and I have the latest build.  I tried getting to the error screen to report it here by pressing home 5 times and the left button 5 times but I could not get anything to pop up for me.

I am also going nuts.  I even bought another 2022 Roku Ultra from Amazon, 3 different HDMI cables, even an "ULTRA-high speed" HDMI cable, but this is still happening.  It only happens while watching live tv on YTTV and pausing it live.   I have a 2011 59" Samsung Plasma smart (?) TV which I'm not quite ready to replace yet.   I even tried unplugging my fire tv cube from everything in case it was conflicting but that made no difference.  

I have tried all the solutions listed here and none work.  Another interesting thing is that sometimes I don't lose the audio, but most times I do.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@PeggyR

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos