Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeoy22

Re: Audio stops working after long pause

Jump to solution

yes this happens to me too, Roku replaced my premier unit because of this but it didn't matter as it still does it with the new one

0 Kudos
jeoy22

Jump to solution

settings, power , restart will work the same as reboot, good thing is you won't have to get off you a## to reboot, still a pain Ruko should fix

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It’s almost as if Roku customer service isn’t aware of the firmware issues. Replacing hardware is 100% pointless…

Divinebluebird
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and the only thing that fixes it is to reboot the machine every single time. It's so frustrating and I'm about to just be done with Roku. 

0 Kudos
eckertd
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This has happened to me as well many many times. I have to restart the system to fix.  I have included the last 2 times .  
model 4800x. 
serial # x01000w9t29m (so2a2179t29m)

software version 11.0.0 build 4193-c2

1:  timestamp 2022-08-24-24t00:22:56z

id 9m-338-422.   

2:  time stamp 2022-08-24t20:33:16z

id 9m-339-633

watching you tube tv.  Press pause. Walk away for long period 15 to 120 minutes. Come back. Press play. And no sound.   Have to restart system to fix. 

JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I’ve concluded this only occurs with YouTube TV. It does not happen to YouTube, Hulu, or any other app that I’ve found so I’m now not convinced this is actually a Roku issue.

jaybfl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have not had the issue happen for 2 months now since I made the setting changes I previously posted. I will post what I did again in case anyone wants to give it a try. I went into the Roku audio settings and changed the streaming audio format to Dolby. Then, I changed the digital output format to passthrough. I can leave YouTube TV paused for hours and do not have any sound issues when I continue watching TV. 

jkennebeck
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just tested this on my Ultra and it works with both Dolby or DTS as the chosen streaming audio format.  

Thanks for the tip.

Divinebluebird
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What is wrong with you?  Why are you so rude?  

0 Kudos
Divinebluebird
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is exactly what happens for me as well. I'm starting to think that maybe it's a YTTV issue and not necessary Roku, because it doesn't seem to happen with other services. 

0 Kudos