Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLar81
Reel Rookie

Audio issues with Hulu on Roku

Hulu claims not their issue. Was advised issue with Roku so please fix. You can see customers complaining so fix it.

Labels (2)
21 REPLIES 21
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio issues with Hulu

Hi @JLar81,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with the Hulu channel, and we would like to know more about how we can assist. Could you please tell us more information about the issue you've encountered? Is this issue isolated to the Hulu channel, or are other channels affected? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, the better we can assist.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
luvstohike
Binge Watcher

There are literally hundreds of people having this issue on the board. I have been having this audio issue for more than 6 months, and just keep getting the run around.

Swtns
Channel Surfer

I’ve been having same issue for weeks , driving me crazy. I’ve tried all fix help I’ve read about, nothing helped so today I moved my stream bar pro to a different tv and put my old small Roku sound bar to my living room where the issue was….and I’m having no issues ….yet! WTH and why is my question. 100$ + sitting in a room not being used 😕

0 Kudos
Swtns
Channel Surfer

I’ve been having same issue for weeks , driving me crazy. I’ve tried all fix help I’ve read about, nothing helped so today I moved my stream bar pro to a different tv and put my old small Roku sound bar to my living room where the issue was….and I’m having no issues ….yet! WTH and why is my question. 100$ + sitting in a room not being used…

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Swtns,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had, and we are interested in knowing more about this to see how we can help. What specific issue are you having issues with? In addition, is this issue happening to a particular channel or does it occur across the Roku platform?

Let us know more about this so we can continue to assist you. We'll be looking forward to it.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Swtns
Channel Surfer

Started to say I’d fixed it but nope, moved the sound bar or different room for a day and didn’t have any issues there, then moved back to living room. Changed the HDMI cable and it’s still slowly having the issue. But not as bad. 

0 Kudos
Swtns
Channel Surfer

Is with Hulu live tv. But they say not their issue. Using a Roku sound bar pro. Shouldn’t be having this issue 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Swtns,

Thanks for keeping us posted.
We appreciate you for providing the additional information. Let's try to troubleshoot to resolve the issue.

We recommend performing the steps below to resolve the issue.
1. Remove the Hulu channel by highlighting it and pressing the star (*) button.
2. Restart the Roku device from Settings > System > System Restart.
3. Install the Hulu channel again.

After this, kindly check to see if you notice any improvements.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
luvstohike
Binge Watcher

Why do you keep telling people to do things that do not work. Fix the issue!