Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephenT28

Audio files cut off first second?

I guess this was never fixed since I am still getting the 2 sec delay with Amazon Unlimited and Tidal.  Spotify does not have the issue and the music starts immediately.  Anybody ever figure this out?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
thomas_mccaslin
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio files cut off first second?

Nope.  I literally sent them dozens of troubleshooting files. They even had a tech come out and replace the set's main board.  Every time they came up with another "idea" to fix it (i.e. setting changes, etc.), they would ask me to do a factory reset.  It takes a lot of time to get your set reconfigured and channels reloaded, etc.  I finally realized that they were simply guessing.  I have 6 TCL sets.  My other TCL models didn't have this problem, so it's clearly a problem with this particular model's OS. 

I'm an old IT guy and I understand application testing quite well.  To properly test and fix the issue they'd likely need a copy of my Yamaha amp in their test bed.  I even made that suggestion.  Good luck in getting them to commit to something like that. 

It's a shame.  Other than this problem, I like the TV, and clearly, I've been a "TCL fan".  But at the end of the day, what I concluded is that I've purchased my last TCL set.

0 Kudos