Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OakleyFreak
Binge Watcher

Re: Audio Lag on Hulu on Streaming Stick + and on Roku Ultra

Let me know.

I have a theory. 

Just need verification. 

0 Kudos
luvstohike
Binge Watcher

This is not a solution. This is temp fix. Roku supports surround sound, but due to this issue they apparently are never going fix this is their solution. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Catt3507

How did you connect a cat 5/6 cable to a roku stick? 

0 Kudos
mike313
Binge Watcher

0 Kudos
DLlit

I have this same issue with the ultra device on Hulu live.  I have multiple Smart TVs with the Roku app on them and it does not happen any of them at all.  Also, this does not happen with other streaming services running on the Roku device (Apple TV, Prime, Netflix or HBO), only Hulu live on the Roku ultra.  Any update on a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DLlit,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that our engineering team is still currently investigating this issue. We now do not have any details to give, but once more information is available, We'll update this Community thread.
Please let us know if there are other related issues we can investigate further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
luvstohike
Binge Watcher

How can your team have no information on an issue that has been going on for over 9 MONTHS? This is beyond incompetent!

mike313
Binge Watcher

Simply put, they don’t care enough to correct the issue. Correcting it must negatively impact their revenue in some way (it does happen due to the ads), so they aren’t spending any time on it. 

I’ve decided that my next tv will not be Roku. 

W-clcmusic

I have the cheaper subscription with commercials. After every commercial, the sound is no longer synchronized. I have to go out of my show and then go back in to my show to get synchronized sound. I have a Roku TV. Hulu is the only streaming service that gives me a problem.

Josh16
Channel Surfer

Yep, that’s what everyone on this thread has been dealing with. If you go back and read all the posts, you’ll see this audio lagging issue is still unresolved. The Roku moderators keep asking for details about the issue despite numerous posts by users. They also offer suggestions that don’t fix the problem. It seems to be a compatibility issue with Roku and Hulu Live. I finally gave up and switched to YouTube TV which solved the audio lagging problem. Other posters replaced their Roku devices with other streaming media devices.