Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio Lag on Hulu on Streaming Stick + and on Roku Ultra

Hi @Erinlpmt,

Welcome to your first post here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we sincerely are sorry to hear about the experience you had. Rest assured that our team is further investigating this issue and working on it to solve it. In the meantime, would you be so kind as to provide the details requested above so we can pass your information along to the appropriate Roku team?

Your response would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
luvstohike
Binge Watcher

The Roku and Hulu teams are doing nothing to fix this issue. It has been going on for more than 6 months in my case, and I have see people that have been dealing with this issue for 9 months or more. We bought the devices and they just don't care.

Josh16
Channel Surfer

Hey luvstohike,

You are correct! Both Hulu and Roku blame each other. The Roku moderator Kash and others keep asking for the same information and offer the same suggestions  which doesn’t solve the issue. This is clearly a compatibility problem between Roku and Hulu that occurs right after the commercials end and regular programming begins. I have two Roku Streambars, and a Hisense TV with Roku built in. I would have dropped Roku but have invested too much into their devices. So, I cancelled Hulu and went to YouTube TV. No more audio lag!!

Third3
Binge Watcher

I have solved the problem, as far as I am concerned!

I just canceled my subscription to Hulu Live!

After dealing with this issue for over a year, and reducing my video quality to the lowest possible grade using the Roku Basic device, all with no meaningful success, I did a re-evaluation of my needs regarding Live TV.  Was surprised to find that Philo actually gives me everything I need.

I have Live CBS local TV via my Paramount app ( I seldom watch other local channels).  I have the other live TV (that I seldom watch) via antenna.  Some of the channels I signed on to Hulu for I no longer watch (all have gone into 4th round reruns).  In the final analysis, it was a no-brainer!

I strongly suspect that Comcast, being a major owner of Hulu, is probably the root cause of all of this agony.  I can see no reason at all for Hulu to be getting its TV feed from any other source but Comcast, just as Direct TV does for their streaming service.  It’s business as usual for them, and if you don’t like it, maybe you will go back and resubscribe to their TV service, y’know?  I left Comcast and never wanted to see them again.  It is with great relief that I walk away from Comcast again!  AND - I finally got to reinstall my Roku 4K device again!  Yippee!

So, in my fond farewell to this issue, I wish you the very best of luck as you continue the great fight!  But I caution you - if you are dealing with Comcast as I suspect, you can’t possibly win.

nlk11021
Binge Watcher

Look, I don't even HAVE LiveTV on Hulu (I have Verizon FIOS). This is an issue between Hulu and Roku and despite protestations, we have absolutely no idea when or even if it will be solved.

You want to eliminate the issue? Don't watch Hulu or watch it but not with a Roku. I understand many have invested a not insignificant amount of money in Rokus but I just bit the bullet and acquired AppleTV 4K (3rd generation). Works fine. But you know what? AppleTV doesn't work with the NFL app (it doesn't recognize subscriptions) so I can't use it to watch NFL+. So I use both, the AppleTV device to stream Hulu, the AppleTV service (which Roku does not work with very well either) and most others, Roku for NFL+.

I guess you can't have everything. 

Swtns
Channel Surfer

Ha I been reading a years worth of this and just now hear about the volume leveling getting crazy too yep we will maverick have this fixed. Thanks for all y’all input and letting me know I’m not alone ! Lol 

mike313
Binge Watcher

Roku simply doesn’t care. 

They have a the best streaming OS/platform, but can’t be troubled to provide good customer service. 

They’ve calculated most customers don’t care enough to switch. 

old_salty

I have the same issue. I am thinking about ditching roku and going with Google TV devices

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please provide the following information below so we can look further into this issue:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur specifically on the Hulu channel? If so, what version or build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

We will be able to investigate further once we have the information.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mike313
Binge Watcher

Eunice,

This has all been provided by multiple users, multiple times. The result is the same - no change. 

Roku simply doesn’t care enough to correct this issue.