Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BOZE
Reel Rookie

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

I turned off the Power Save feature and the problem disappeared.

0 Kudos
MrPaul
Channel Surfer

Yes, turning off the power save feature seems to be the solution for the time being for some devices.

0 Kudos
wsasser
Channel Surfer

The power save feature isn't solving it for everyone.  I've turned it off and still have the HDCP error.  Someone indicated they turned off the "auto on" setting... I was looking for that but can't find it.  It would be great if someone from Roku would actually find a solution for this.  What a waste of money.

0 Kudos
chrisw63
Channel Surfer

The 'auto-on' is actually System->Control other devices->1-touch play.  Turning this off will force you to manually choose the HDMI input connected to the Roku when you want to watch it.  But that alone didn't solve my issue.  I had to turn this (and power save) off, turn off the Roku and remove power, then plug it back in.  Do this, then see if the HDCP error is gone.  If it is, you can try turning 1-touch back on - it works this way for me.

0 Kudos
BHB

Model 3941x ID tc2-r1040 SN # s07p216ujdjs

problem started a month ago infrequently but now always.

Software version 21.0.0

build 4193

0 Kudos
BHB

Yes, already sent info.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an HDCP error issue, can you please provide us with the following information:
-what Roku model device are you using
-what is your TV resolution?
-when did you start seeing this issue occur? did this issue happen prior to OS 11.0?

With more detailed information. We will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrPaul
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny,

I have a Roku Ultra 4800X, TV is 1080p, and it started at least 6 months ago, but I don’t know which software version it was at the time.

I have fixed it by turning off the power save feature.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@RokuDanny-R I experienced the error screen this week while traveling. Hadn't had it happen during previous hotel visits. 

• Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ (3821)
  • TV was a Samsung HD set, probably about 55" at most. Since it was a hotel TV mounted firmly to the wall, no way to determine model or other information. Most likely a 1080p set.
  • My first experience with this error message with this Roku device. I've seen it occasionally with my Ultra 4640, but the message would go away within a few seconds. This time the message remained until I unplugged the stick from the HDMI port (did not power off) and reinsert. No further HDCP messages were encountered. 
  • Channel in use was Plex, streaming a 1080p movie from my home server. 
  • I'm uncertain if this device has ever had any OS other than 11.0. Regardless, this is the first error message I've seen using this device.
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MS9999
Reel Rookie

3 weeks after turning off auto power save and I have not seen this same problem on either ROKU Express. I saw one slightly different HDMI error, but it immediately cleared without any action on my part.

0 Kudos