Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MOUNTAINMAN2000
Reel Rookie

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

this is getting a bit tiresome. hdcp error continues. my old roku express went out. i bought a new one.nothing but error on everything but you tube with new one. late model sony bravia tv. tried everything, i mean everything suggested for correction. nothing works. paying for all these other channels that i cant watch. im not buying a new tv over this **bleep**. if it cant be fixed im switching to a different system

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@MOUNTAINMAN2000 have you disabled the Power Saver function as mentioned previously? So far that appears to have worked for everyone.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
stoughtoncs
Reel Rookie

Disabling the power saver mode has solved the problem for me (so far) I'll post again if it happens again. Why doesn't Roku fix this problem?

0 Kudos
dafellows5
Reel Rookie

Well Roku! Been with you for several years now with several different boxes/drives. This error message has been on going for a while now. Bought my 4K+ almost 4-6 months ago. Have not watched but one show. YOU GOT ME! Or should I say my money. But I tried the Fire Stick and it worked with no problem. Since you can't or WILL NOT fix your product I have decided to drop you all together. Take care and hope you continue to make money but the way you folks have treated this problem tells me your headed for failure.

@stoughtoncs wrote:

Disabling the power saver mode has solved the problem for me (so far) I'll post again if it happens again. Why doesn't Roku fix this problem?

0 Kudos
fox3
Reel Rookie

I have submitted my device information from 6/23/2022, My problem continues, when will ROKU customer service contact me to address this issue??

0 Kudos
Omnis-Ra
Reel Rookie

I have been having problems with HDCP Error Code 20 for about 2 weeks I have followed every step I can find. I unplugged all outlets and HDMI cables. I restarted as well as reset to factory. But I still have problems because nothing helps. Here is my information.

Model: 3930RW-Roku Express 

Device ID: S0095198FKR9

Software OS: 11.0.0 Build 4193-AE

Serial Number: X00400G8FKR9

0 Kudos
Paul22
Streaming Star

Disable your power save mode and problem solved. Having said that, Roku should absolutely address this via a firmware update. The fact that we’ve heard crickets from them is terrible. Roku used to be a great company but not anymore. And with Netflix potentially acquiring them, they’ll be even worse. My next streaming stick for my other tv will be a Fire TV stick.

0 Kudos
dbky40146
Channel Surfer

Model -4800x roku ultra

id- S02A218R7DYG

Software ver. 11.0.0 build 4193-c2

Been getting hdcp errors for the last couple of weeks. Tried unplugging both ,replace usb cable tried different usb plug on tv .. Power saving is off. 

0 Kudos
RichardWilliam
Reel Rookie

This error came out of the blue, perhaps that was when HDCP first rolled out. I tried all the directions, but the message came back in 3-4 days. Got new hdmi cables. Tried converting to Ethernet. Nothing worked. So I broke down and bought a new smart tv, which also works with a variety of streaming channels. My express now works nicely on the bedroom tv. No problem there.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@RichardWilliam wrote:

I tried all the directions, but the message came back in 3-4 days. Got new hdmi cables. Tried converting to Ethernet. Nothing worked. 

Just so everyone is aware. HDCP is an HDMI security protocol. Using Ethernet instead of WiFi wouldn't make any difference. You might already know that, but wanted to point it out to anyone who might think of trying it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos