Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Calertola

Apple TV stopped working & no longer loads

Apple TV stopped working last Thursday.  I have check here as well as Apple support.  So far, I’ve 

check Apple works on other devices

other streaming (Netflix, prime, pbs) still work fine.

removed apple app, restarted Roku, turned off TV, added Apple app back

held restart option down for 30 seconds (which didn’t work as it is just an option)

also just note, when Apple did work, it tended to take a minute plus to load.  Now it just sits with the Apple TV logo and I’ve waited more that 5 minutes.

any other suggestions?

model 3920X -Roku Premiere
serial # YH00A3479882
software ver 12.5.5 Build 4174-91

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Apple TV stopped working & no longer loads

We appreciate you contacting us here in the Roku Community, @Calertola!

Thank you for letting us know about the playback issues you are experiencing with the Apple TV channel on your Roku Premiere. We want to assist you further. 

In this case, since you've already reached out to Apple Support and confirmed that it is working on other devices, could you please confirm what specific devices this is? Nevertheless, we'd happily coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team to investigate your Roku Premiere further and determine the cause. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version.

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kimbee

Same… noticed problem on 4/15. Apple TV+ works on other devices, other streaming apps still work on Roku. When I tried to watch a video the commercial played but rec’d the above-referenced error message instead of selected content.

Also tried resetting Apple app, then deleting and reinstalling (turning Roku and TV off in between these actions). The app shows previews, but when I try to sign in, I get the spinning wheel… which spins endlessly (though after a several minutes I get kicked back to Roku apps screen.

0 Kudos

Same issue with mine. Nothing but a spinning wheel after resets and reinstall. It started with videos unable to load. Now I can't log in at all.

0 Kudos
howellass

I'm having the same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users!

We appreciate you bringing this playback issue with the Apple TV channel to our attention, and we'd be happy to look into this matter in detail. 

Could you please confirm whether performing the steps below will resolve this? We need to make sure that these steps have been done precisely to work. 

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

For reference, we have a support article dedicated to this: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If the issue persists after doing all the possible troubleshooting steps provided in our support article, kindly provide us with the details below so we can coordinate this with the appropriate team to determine the cause and find you the best resolution.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version.

Once again, our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly.

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mw4

I've had the same issue.  Apple support - no help.  I reloaded app, deleted app and reinstalled, unplugged the Roku (Model 4800X), checked software is up to date, etc.   Works for a week or so and then need to repeat the unplugging.  

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mw4,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Also, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken to try to resolve this issue. We'd like to collect further information regarding this so our team can work on it. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About.).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.).
  • Channel build version.

Once the requested information is available, we'll forward it to the appropriate Roku team for investigation and work on the issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
louiseb

Same here 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @louiseb,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further, but we'll need to gather more information to further investigate this issue that you're having with the Apple TV channel since it stopped working. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos