Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sms201us
Channel Surfer

Re: Antenna Channels disappears every time I turn the TV Off. I have to rescan every time.

Jump to solution

I have the same problem -- antenna channels disappear every time I turn on the TV. (24" Roku TV purchased from Best Buy in February 2024.)

• I have "hidden" streaming channels.
  • I have made the antenna channels "favorites."
  • I have done a complete system restart and then rescanned the antenna channels.

It still "forgets" or "looses" all the antenna channels when I turn off the TV. I reported this problem in June 2024, when it suddenly began, and you have not solved the problem. What now? 

Loved the Roku TV until this problem. You've gone from a 5-star to a 1-star. 

0 Kudos
sms201us
Channel Surfer

Re: Antenna Channels disappears every time I turn the TV Off. I have to rescan every time.

Jump to solution

Changing the Power On options to Last Used TV Input did work. Thank you!

However, I cannot add the antenna shortcut tile to my Home screen. "Antenna TV" as not an input option --Not unless I rename one of the other inputs. 

Thank you for a hack that, at least, saves me from completely rescanning for channels every time. 

0 Kudos
sms201us
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

OK, resetting the Power On options to "Last Channel Watched" did work. I did go directly to the last antenna channel I was watching. 

However, you cannot go from your last antenna channel watched to the Home screen, and back to antenna channels. As soon as you leave the antenna channel it "forgets" them. 

Your hack is much better. Thank you.

But you haven't fixed the problem. 

0 Kudos
SinD1970
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

None of these solutions work for more than 1 time. Power off, and it's right back to disappearing channels.  

I'm giving it another week before this Roku TV goes back to the store.  There should be no reason you can't have your antenna  channels and streaming channels all in one line-up.  Fix it, please. 

0 Kudos
spyder66us

Jump to solution

My 70 inch roku tv just started doing this. seems it happened right after the Live tv guide logo changed, so there must have been an update that screwed up something. Before that, it worked great for over a year. I have a 40 inch roku tv in my garage with antenna attached to that as well, will find out tonight if that does the same thing or not.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @spyder66us.

Thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are experiencing unintended behavior with your antenna channels, which disappeared after turning the TV off. No worries; we're here to sort this out for you.

Have you tried doing a system restart? If not, you can try performing a reboot to see if your TV will restore to its regular operation:  

• To restart your Roku device, unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and reconnect it. Alternatively, you can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home 

on your Roku remote
    2. Scroll and select Settings
    3. Select System
    4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
    5. Select System restart

We highly recommend doing this to see if the steps will resolve the problem you're experiencing.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KimberlyD

Jump to solution

I figured out why or at least how to fix. So when you want antenna channels go to home them, move over to live. If you want Roku live, go to live then Live. They are two different apps basically. I ha e been frustrated myself with having to scan and yesterday, I just sat and figured it out. I have test this on all my TVs and it works no more rescan!

0 Kudos
sms201us
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Your directions make no sense on my Roku 24" TV purchased in February. When I go to Home there is only one "Live" option. "Live TV" and it is Roku. Not my antenna channels. The only way to access antenna channels is to go Home; then Settings; TV Inputs; Live TV; Scan for channels; Start finding channels; Scan again; Antenna. 

However, you can make the TV go directly to the last channel you were on before you turned off the TV. If that was an antenna channel you're in luck. Home; Settings; System; Power; Power on (last used TV input). 

I appreciate the "Last used TV input" hack. But it still stinks. Roku should fix this problem. 

0 Kudos
sms201us
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

A system restart did not fix this problem on my 24" Roku TV. Nothing fixes the problem and I still have a Roku Customer Support reference #: 9958012 open. There is a hack that makes it a bit easier to reach antenna channels and that is to change the Power setting to Power On (last used TV input). But, it's still a serious flaw in your TV system that began after a June system update. I think Roku should fix it. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

From reading through this thread, I am not sure if there is an actual bug, or if users are just selecting the "wrong" Live TV option.

1. Try going to Settings/TV Inputs/Rename and then change the LiveTV input to "Antenna TV".  (this should rename the Live TV input to Antenna TV and also give you a new antenna icon on the input tile).

2. Then go to your Home Screen and select this Antenna TV input. (it will be located among your other apps on the Home Screen).  This is the tile you need to select to watch your locals/OTA channels.

3. If you want this input to just contain your locals and not Roku streaming channels, you can hide the streaming channels under Settings/TV Inputs/Manage Channels/Hide Streaming Channels.

-----

Roku foolishly uses Live TV in numerous places on the platform which can be confusing.

a. The Live TV option in the left hand side menu is strictly Roku Channel streaming channels. (no locals/OTA).

b. There is also a "Live TV Guide" tile icon that can be installed on your Home Screen.  This is a shortcut to the Roku Channel streaming channels guide. (again, no locals/OTA).

c. There is the Live TV "Input" that is the default name for the Antenna/OTA Input.  This is the Live TV option that should be renamed to Antenna TV to avoid confusion. (prior to a change to OS10, this input was actually called Antenna by default.  Why they changed it to LiveTV, who knows.)

--------

Since many are reporting that using the Last Input (under the Power On setting) is resolving their issue, it sounds like many are selecting the Live TV from the Menu or the Guide shortcut icon, rather than the correct Live TV Input.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.