Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlecG
Reel Rookie

Re: Antenna Channels disappears every time I turn the TV Off. I have to rescan every time.

Jump to solution

I'm glad to know this is not only me.  I've had this Roku tv for several years and this problem only started in 2024.  I wonder if it was a software change?  Possibly a bug or perhaps just to make sure you focus on Roku's streaming "live TV'?

mvigor
Channel Surfer

Re: Antenna Channels disappears every time I turn the TV Off. I have to rescan every time.

Jump to solution

This was 100% just a software change, and I can prove that.  My 55" Roku TV is from 2019.  When I do a factory reset, it puts the software all back to the 2019 version that it shipped out with.  As long as I don't connect the TV to my internet Wifi, it behaves as it used to.  As soon as I connect the TV to the internet it updates it's software and this new behavior of losing the antenna channels comes back again.

It's a bug they need to fix, and this topic is definitely not "solved."

spyder66us
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So, 3 weeks ago, I did a reboot, rescanned all channels. so far, 3 weeks later, they are still there. once in awhile I turn on my tv, and the "Live Guide" block is blank, nothing in it, like no logo. but, click on it, and sure enough it goes to my live tv, and I scroll up, and there are my local antennae channels. so, hopefully it works. if not, guess I will be back here, or figure a work around.

Thanks

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting about the issue you have encountered with the disappearance of the Antennal Channels on your Roku devices and TVs.

If none of the troubleshooting steps provided by the Roku moderators and Community experts worked in this thread, we'd like to investigate this issue. Your cooperation is encouraged for us to work on this.

To assist us in the investigation, kindly provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Photo referring to the issue.

These information are essential for our team to work on the issue. We anticipate your response in this regard.

Best wishes,
KAsh

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AlecG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model 7117X-Roku TV

Serial: YS006X303139 (FSU966303139)

Software version: 13.1.4 build build 1510-30

Issue ID 39-397-490

There was no channel build number available....this issue is occurring with the native Roku LiveTV input.

There's also nothing to take a photo of, other than a Live TV channel guide that does not have any antenna channels present.  

0 Kudos
Lvsne01

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue on a new Roku TV.  I do not have nor can I add the TV antenna button.  There is no way to get it.  Scanning and adding them to favorites does not keep them.  This is just wrong.  We need an input button to be able to switch back to an antenna. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.