Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thena

How to fix error message 'Not enough space. Please delete some apps and try again'

Jump to solution

Hello. I have had a Roku device connected to my small Samsung TV for years and I rarely have had problems, although I had to replace the device already once as it was no longer working, and I could not watch any channels at all. 

Lately, I have had the same thing you are describing happen to me but with my Amazon Prime account telling me to free up space etc. 

Firstly, I do not know where to find "settings" after pushing my home button. I do not have settings on my screen.

After trying a couple of times to reset the device as suggested, pushing the reset button, even though the button was not marked "reset" on my device, I was successful in hearing some noises coming out of the remote, so something was happening. I tried again opening Prime but the same error message appeared. At this point I unplugged the device, waited, and plugged it in again, and it worked! The old trick of pulling the plug...came through for me this time. I can open the Prime App!

Try it!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix error message 'Not enough space. Please delete some apps and try again'

Jump to solution

Hey @Marthac57! Welcome to the Roku Community!

It looks like your device is experiencing an error message saying, 'Not enough space. Please delete some apps and try again.' In some cases, you can fix this issue by restarting the system.

Here's how:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or respond to the thread for further assistance. We are happy to help you further.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Marthac57

Re: How to fix error message 'Not enough space. Please delete some apps and try again'

Jump to solution

I have deleted alots of my channel and it still won't working 

0 Kudos
Marthac57

Jump to solution

Im trying to get on YouTube it telling me to free up space and I have about 8 channel deleted and it still won't work 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Marthac57! Welcome to the Roku Community!

It looks like your device is experiencing an error message saying, 'Not enough space. Please delete some apps and try again.' In some cases, you can fix this issue by restarting the system.

Here's how:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or respond to the thread for further assistance. We are happy to help you further.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
reree1

Jump to solution

Today is June 29th, 2024.  I received the same message, not enough space while trying to upload youtube.   I deleted  several apps and  received same message.   I followed instructions and came here but I found no solutions.

HELP.

0 Kudos
reree1

Jump to solution

I don't have a solution.   Does anyone know phone for customer service or support for roku?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.