Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OMike
Reel Rookie

Angel Studios app not working

Jump to solution

The Angel Studios app was working but it just stopped functioning.  I have the icon but when I click on it I just get a black screen with two boxes.   No words.  When I click on the boxes nothing happens.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Angel Studios app not working

Jump to solution

Hi @OMike,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching out about this playback issue going on with the Angel Studios channel and we'd like to help you out.

It is recommended to remove, restart, and reinstall the channel if a playback issue occurs on a specific channel. 

For guided troubleshooting, you can check our Support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue

However, if the said troubleshooting doesn't apply, then this should also be reported to the channel team for additional assistance. Most of the channels on Roku are handled directly by the channel providers themselves.

If there's anything else we can do to further assist you, feel free to get back here.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @OMike,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching out about this playback issue going on with the Angel Studios channel and we'd like to help you out.

It is recommended to remove, restart, and reinstall the channel if a playback issue occurs on a specific channel. 

For guided troubleshooting, you can check our Support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue

However, if the said troubleshooting doesn't apply, then this should also be reported to the channel team for additional assistance. Most of the channels on Roku are handled directly by the channel providers themselves.

If there's anything else we can do to further assist you, feel free to get back here.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OMike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve done this several times and it still isn’t working.  I even reset the Roku device and it didn’t work.  I did work originally so it is weird that it will not work now.

0 Kudos
Anjroo

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue

0 Kudos
OMike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This wasn't resolved and it's absurd you would think I haven't already performed your suggestion before going reporting this issue. I liken this solution as a computer tech telling me to "reboot". 

Fix this issue please!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Not working for us either. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem streaming the Angel Studios app on your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Have you reached out directly to the channel partner? The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If the issue persists after reaching out to them, kindly provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Tracker ID. [When you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.]

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further. We'll anticipate your response.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Late8

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue.  Have re-installed the app several times to no avail.

0 Kudos
OMike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well I canceled my Angel Subscription and once I get a new SmartTV, Roku is next.

0 Kudos