Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

[SOLVED] XFINITY - Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

We are receiving reports from users that the audio is out of sync on the XFINITY streaming channel. 

[UPDATE] [FIXED] 8.9.23

We believe this issue has now been resolved. 🎉 Please check for a system update if you're still experiencing this issue. There is a chance that this issue is not resolved for everyone. To keep things tidy, we're going to go ahead and close this thread as we believe this issue is solved for most, if not all, users. 

If you are still experiencing this issue, go ahead and start a new thread, and shoot me a PM.

We're going to mark this post as solved and lock the thread. Thanks to everyone who reported this and for your patience while we worked with the channel partner to find a resolution.

Roku Community Team

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
239 REPLIES 239
f2bme
Channel Surfer

[0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

@RokuLianna Hi, I mainly use the Xfinity app on my Roku Express device. I tried your suggestions of uninstalling and reinstalling the app and performing a restart of the device. Unfortunately, this only works temporarily until the audio/video sync issue resurfaces again. I have also tried all of the suggestions in the official Roku Support articles.  It seems that there are no permanent solutions to this problem. Is Roku still aware of and addressing it?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync

Hi @f2bme,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having an issue with the audio that is out of sync with playing content on the Xfinity channel. 

Just to verify, are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup? When did this issue first start occurring?

In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo or Auto?

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try is you can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now and seeing if you notice any difference.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
f2bme
Channel Surfer

@RokuMary-F Thank you for your reply.  My replies to your questions/suggestions are as follows.

Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup?  No, I am not.

When did this issue first start occurring? About 3 or 4 days after initially setting up the device.

In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected?  Both Digital Output Format and Preferred Streaming Format are set to "Auto".

Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo or Auto? I haven't tried setting the mode to Stereo. I will try that to see if it resolves the issue.

Check for a manual system update.  No updates available. Current Software ver: 12.0.0, Build: 4178. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @f2bme,

Thanks for following up.

If you are still experiencing an issue with Xfinity that the sound is out of sync, can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further. We look forward to hearing back your response and helping us look into the issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
f2bme
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuMary-F   Yes, I am still experiencing the issue. The issue is that the audio and video are not in sync with each other. I mainly use the Xfinity Streaming app on Roku. I've noticed that for some reason, it seems to occur during a commercial break. When the show resumes after the commercials, the audio and video are out of sync. Here is the info you requested in your most recent reply.

Device Model: 3941X2 - Roku Express 4K+

S/N: X02200PSP3P, Device ID: S0HAK2APSP3P, Software O/S ver: 12.0.0, Build 4178-E4, GC ver: 9.1.1.20

Roku Xfinity App Ver.: 6.11, Build 0.  (btw, I also have an xfinity streaming app on my Samsung TV - this issue does not occur when using that Xfinity app directly on the TV). 

Tracker ID: 3P-170-024

I hope this information will help Roku determine the cause of this frustrating issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @f2bme,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We appreciate you for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

Just to verify, have you tried playing other channels like live TV on The Roku Channel, Youtube live, or any other live streaming if you are also having an issue?

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
f2bme
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuMary-F  

I've only noticed the issue with the Xfinity Streaming app because that is the channel I mainly use.  However, I have watched the Peacock channel and Live TV on the Roku channel for short periods of time (1/2 hour to an hour) and have not seen the issue with those channels.  This may be isolated to the Xfinity app. I'll try watching some of the other channels and Live TV on Roku and let you know if I experience similar issues.  Thanks! 

gk802
Roku Guru

I'm also seeing the audio sync issue with the Xfinity streaming app.  I don't see it on other channels and I see it only on the one device (3820X) I have that's on OS 12 (Build 4178-CU).  Backing out to the Xfinity main menu and re-selecting the stream seems to force a resync and resolves the issue for the duration of the session.

f2bme
Channel Surfer

I think the audio sync issue may be isolated to the Xfinity Streaming app on Roku.  I've tried watching Live TV channels on Roku TV and, so far, I have not experienced the issue.  As mentioned by @gk802 I've also found that hitting the back button followed by the play button on the remote re-syncs the audio for the duration of the session. However, this is only a temporary fix.  I'm hoping that Roku can resolve the issue permanently.