Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregoryJordanM
Channel Surfer

Unable to complete Home Monitoring setup on iOS devices

Good day,

I recently purchased the home monitoring kit and everything installed beautifully until I got to finalizing the setup.

The app will just hang after accepting the "Allow Critical Notification" button (not freeze exactly because I can still cancel). There is a "thinking" spinner that shows up for a half of a second, but then nothing and then the only action I can take after is to cancel the setup.

I have tried this on two iPhones and an iPad and get the exact same behavior. I was looking for a way to try an Android device, but my only options are the Android Studio emulators and all of those won't allow me to install the app due to the "Device Not Supported" thing.

I did make sure that the critical alerts setting is enabled in Settings > Notifications > Smart Home as well. 

I even uninstalled the app, and tried again. I removed all the devices, readded them, and tried again. All to no avail.

27 REPLIES 27
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to complete Home Monitoring setup on iOS devices

Hi @GregoryJordanM,

From the Roku Community, a warm welcome and thanks for raising this concern directly with us!

We understand you are having trouble setting up your Roku smart home monitoring system SE. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to restart your modem and router.

You may also want to check out this support article here on how to set up your Roku Home Monitoring System SE.

We hope this helps.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dern

Any update? I’m having the same exact issue. I’ve reset router, deleted the entire system; and still the same issue again!

Dern

Stuck on Step 6 Home Monitoring Setup

Need help getting past step 6! I’ve reset router, updated firmware for hub, deleted everything and repeated setup. Still I find myself stuck on same step! Is it an iPhone issue or?

IMG_2467.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dern,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for the additional information!

We would like to investigate this issue you had with the Roku smart home monitoring system further since you are unable to set it up on your iOS device. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that we have provided above? If yes, when did the issue start?

With detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John 

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Stuck on Step 6 Home Monitoring Setup

Hi @Dern,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble setting up your Roku smart home monitoring system because you are stuck in the step six process. We're happy to help. Please try restarting your phone and selecting "Allow critical alerts."

Let us know how it works, and we'll continue to assist you further.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Edwardwstn
Reel Rookie

I have exactly the same problem on Apple phone. I’ve reinstalling app and devices numerous times. Acting like a bug in the app. Talked to Roku support and did everything they suggested. They suggested the hub may not be on the 2.4 radio, which made no sense to me, but I turned off my 2.4 and the hub was disconnected so that is definitely not the problem.

I'm having the exact same issue. Restarting phone didn't work. Critical alerts are allowed on my iPhone as well. But still each time I click the Allow Critical Notifications it says loading and then doesn't move past this screen. 

0 Kudos
Pumatthew

Same thing is happening to me 

0 Kudos
Dylanknowles414
Reel Rookie

Having the same issue they keep saying reset router uninstall app I’ve done it all! Even deleted the whole system. If it’s not fixed soon I’m returning the system because I can’t get to the subscription to sign up for monitoring which is the whole point in me getting said system.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.