Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattpc80
Reel Rookie

Roku Smart Home Support Disconnecting

My camera has been pretty much bricked after the forced firmware update 6.0.0 Build 32-FD. It no longer sends notifications or shows the live feed. It does not search for updates and it does not restart itself. I contacted roku support, went through all the troubleshooting even though this problem is very clear as it is all over these topic boards. Support purposely waits to answer and then claims that you are the one who is inactive and disconnects. I’ve contacted them 5 times now and each time the support staff has either waited more than 5 mins without typing to claim the chat is inactive or just straight up leaves the chat. This is a camera i use for watching my front door for my safety and it is no longer sending updates or showing a live feed. This is a huge safety issue and the support staff is literally going out of their way to avoid solving it. https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B14JtdOXmG0hA5k 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Smart Home Support Disconnecting

Hi @mattpc80,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

I noticed in your post that you are having trouble with your Roku that after the firmware is updated you can no longer receive notifications or show a live feed from your Roku camera on the Roku Smart Home app. I will be more than willing to sort this out for you.

Please keep in mind that you will only receive notifications when your Roku camera detects motion or an event, provided that your Roku Camera settings on your Roku Smart Home app are configured correctly. Can you please check your Roku camera for any event recordings? Navigate to the home page of your Roku Smart Home app and tap the clock icon to view event recordings. You should then be able to see if your camera has captured any events.

In the meantime, I highly suggest you try the following troubleshooting steps:

Restart your smart camera:

1. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera
  2. Wait 10 seconds
  3. Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera

Reset your device:
IMPORTANT: If a micro SD card is installed in your camera, remove it before performing a factory reset.

1. Plug in your camera if not already powered on
  2. Press and hold the Setup button for 10 seconds
  3. Wait at least 30 seconds for your camera to restart

After a successful reset, you will see the status light on your camera flashing red.
If it is difficult to access your smart home device to perform a reset, delete it from the smart home app instead.

1. Open the Home screen
  2. Select your device
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Delete device

To set up your camera again, refer to this article: Roku Indoor Camera SE setup instructions

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mattpc80
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Smart Home Support Disconnecting

Did you not read the post? None of those solutions work. You know the forced firmware is bugged. Every comment on this topic in the community chat, that was some how marked as resolved, is the same, none of the steps work. The firmware is bugged. I’ve reset it, redownloaded the app, deleted it and re added it, of course i checked the notification are on, of course i checked what events i want sending notifications, i checked the notifications on the phones side, ive done everything. It’s very clear the firmware is broken and Roku refuses to take responsibility for it. Like i said in the original post, your support disconnects as soon as the firmware is mentioned. They “escalate it” and nothing happens. They say people will contact me in 24 hours and now it’s been 4 more days with nothing. I don’t want to hear the same regurgitated troubleshooting lines your told to say when you see this firmware problem. I want my camera to work how it’s supposed to since it’s used for safety. This whole time i’m paying for roku smart home subscription too for nothing since the camera doesn’t even work and was refused a refund on that right before the support staff disconnected from the chat again unannounced and without any resolution. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.