Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirstenrose
Reel Rookie

Time Stamps on cameras are wrong

Jump to solution

I am not sure if this is a mobile app issue or camera itself. It is currently 10:30 AM 7/30/24, but my cameras are recording as if it’s 6:00 PM 7/29/30.. please help. it’s confusing & irritating to have to search through certain times to get to what i want exactly. 

i’ve read previous threads, tried going to advanced settings on each individual camera, & there is nothing about “time” or “time sync” such as previous posts suggest using. when i first installed the cameras, the time was just fine! i haven’t unplugged or turned off my front door camera & it’s even changed time on me..

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Time Stamps on cameras are wrong

Jump to solution

Hi @kirstenrose @Taggz532,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a concern with the timestamp on your Roku cameras. We're happy to help. Each time your smart home camera detects motion or sound, it captures a video clip and saves it as an event recording.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Taggz532

Jump to solution

I am having same problem 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @kirstenrose @Taggz532,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a concern with the timestamp on your Roku cameras. We're happy to help. Each time your smart home camera detects motion or sound, it captures a video clip and saves it as an event recording.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EllisDen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi John,

While we appreciate the reply. That is not the issue. The issue is that the cameras are reporting the incorrect time. They are currently about 3 hours behind the actual time. There is no sync time button under advanced settings anymore. And the timestamp when enabled is no longer shown on the live stream.

drutta1

Jump to solution

My camera was showing 10:40 AM at 2:06 AM, I restarted my camera and it went back to normal! Hope this helps! 

Firemnbt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the advice! Once again Roku Customer Service was zero help!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.