Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Smart home app not compatible with this device” (Samsung galaxy tab 4)

When I try and download the smart home app from the google play store it says “your device is not compatible with this version” how is this even a thing? My device is a Samsung galaxy tab 4. Anyway to solve this issue? 5E705E3E-340F-40C7-9A94-6D08CA76FFB5.jpeg

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: “Smart home app not compatible with this device” (Samsung galaxy tab 4)

Greetings @Nonamesforme 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your inquiry.

What OS version is your Samsung tablet currently running?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mitchell9

I have this same problem.  I have a google table with OS Android 11 and I cannot download the Smart Home App - UGH!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Mitchell9 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing. 

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. What specific model is your Google tablet?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mitchell9

It’s a Tab7 just updated to Android version 12.   Has google play store

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @Mitchell9 

Thanks for the follow up.

For troubleshooting purposes, are you able to download and install the Roku Smart Home mobile app on other mobile devices? 

In addition, do you know the location of your Android account is? For more information about checking your location on your Android account, visit Google's Support page here.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.