Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Cam SE: notifications even though Rules has them turned off when I'm home

Hi @Lukas_ 

Thanks for the follow up with my inquiry regarding your mobile devices when accessing the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

I have passed along the information you have provided to the appropriate Roku team to look into further. I'll make sure to follow up with you once I have an update to share.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jennifo

Re: Roku Cam SE: notifications even though Rules has them turned off when I'm home

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue! Just got this exact camera and I have those two rules exactly like yours. I hope this gets figured out!

0 Kudos
Lukas_
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny,

Has there been an update?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Lukas_ 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing with notifications on the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

At this time the issue you have reported is still under investigation. Rest assured, once more information is available, I'll be sure to post and update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tgendron

Has this really not been resolved yet? I mean I only got this camera because it was such a "great value" but this kind of cancels that out knowing that every other camera from any other brand wouldn't be having this issue. I guess that's why it's worth the extra money. This is way too simple to not get worked out in a software's beta, let alone still to this very day.

Why actively offer something you know doesn't work properly? You'd think by now it would've been fixed or removed from the options...

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @tgendron 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the inquiry regarding getting notifications when you have your rules setup for when you are home.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating this issue and I do not have any updates to provide at this time. Rest assured once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update in this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Any updates? I am having a similar issue where the rules aren't working to properly turn off notifications. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @novakar1500 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding notifications with your Roku Smart Home device.

I currently do not have any updates to provide at this time, however rest assured that once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tim771
Reel Rookie

I'm having this same issue your right. Seems like they know it doesn't work and they aren't being helpful. I also only have one device and can't turn off the notifications for motion detection. That makes buying this camera completely a waste of time. Who wants to hear notifications while they are home.

0 Kudos
Tim771
Reel Rookie

I HAVE THE SOLUTION.

1.)In Roku smart home app go to account>App settings> toggle "running in the background to on"

2.)Restart phone

3.)Make sure location is turned on in your phones drop down menu

Test

0 Kudos