Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lukas_
Channel Surfer

Roku Cam SE: notifications even though Rules has them turned off when I'm home

This has been posted about but not followed up. As the title says, I have issues with too many notifications. I simply want notifications for motion on then I'm away from home and off when I'm home because I get a ton when I'm home and obviously moving around.

Rules here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cLGRj8SpuUXBnjRo8

I do NOT want to turn off notifications manually when I come home

19 REPLIES 19
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Cam SE: notifications even though Rules has them turned off when I'm home

Greetings @Lukas_ 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with notifications on the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

What you are experiencing may be occurring due to more than one device having locations services on within the Roku Smart Home mobile app. Have you already tried turning off the location services on other devices for the Roku Smart Home mobile app to see if that helps regarding notifications?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lukas_
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Cam SE: notifications even though Rules has them turned off when I'm home

Hi Danny, 

I am the only one on the account. The rules consistently do not work properly. This is quite annoying, especially that these cameras do not offer playback on the app. It makes me consider switching

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Lukas_ 

Thanks for the follow up regarding receiving notifications on your Roku Smart Home mobile app.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue further, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Roku Smart Home mobile app version
  • please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lukas_
Channel Surfer

I just submitted a log. 17717

Google Pixel 6a with android 13(?) whichever is newest

As well as newest Roku Smart Home app

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @Lukas_ 

Thanks for the response and providing us with the information that we have requested.

Can you please provide us with the Roku Smart Home mobile app version you are using? This can be found by access the mobile app and selecting Account > About.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lukas_
Channel Surfer

v1.1.4 (116)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Lukas_ 

Thanks for providing us with the information that we have requested.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @Lukas_ 

Thanks for your patience while we investigate the issue you are experiencing related to receiving notifications on your Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Are you currently only using one mobile device to access the Roku Smart Home mobile app? If you are using more than one mobile device with the Roku Smart Home mobile app, is your locations services enabled on those devices as well?

Please keep us posted with this information and we will be able to pass along the details to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lukas_
Channel Surfer

I am using only one device which has locations on all the time ("allow when using the app" but has 'run in background' access so it is utilized 24/7)

0 Kudos