Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pan
Binge Watcher

Made a mistake deleted 2 camera app

So I paid the extra so that I could see my 2 security cameras, not just the standard 1 camera. I did an oops and accidentally deleted the app. Went to re-add the channel and discovered that I could only get the 1 camera, not the 2 I paid extra for and that I would have to pay again to get the extra camera! As usual, there is no way to contact roku.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Made a mistake deleted 2 camera app

Perhaps @RokuCarly or @RokuArjiemar can help with this.

FYI, there is a SmartHome section to this forum that may yield quicker results, but now that some mods are flagged/tagged, will hopefully help you get resolved.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Smart-Home/ct-p/roku-smart-home

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for raising your concern here in the Roku Community, @pan!

Before proceeding, may we know if the app you are referring to is the Roku Smart Home app on your mobile phone or installed on your TV? In addition, did you use the same login credentials you have linked here in your Community account or a different one? As we check, there are no Roku Smart Home devices linked to your account so if you can specify which devices are we talking about here, that would be great. 

We need to gather more specific information from you so we may be able to provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Furthermore, for future reference, you can visit our official Support Website so you'll have the option to talk, chat, or email one of our live experts. 

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Also, thank you for tagging us @AvsGunnar

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pan
Binge Watcher

It is a channel on my Roku Ultra, or it was till I accidentally deleted it. It is called IP Camera Viewer - Pro

I know it didn't cost much but it is the principle of the thing

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@pan 

Misunderstood your initial query.  Thought you were referring to Roku SmartHome cameras and app.

For the IP Camera Viewer and IP Camera Viewer Pro, you will need to contact the developer of the channel/app.

From their Privacy Policy page (https://sites.google.com/view/rokuipcam), looks like the support email for IP Camera is support@rokucam.com

---

Are you saying that you couldn't simply reinstall the IP Camera Pro channel/app once you uninstalled it?

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/4d75a841b5ca64054d0d577cd68aa043/ip-camera-viewer-pro

0 Kudos
pan
Binge Watcher

Oh I could only instal the single camera version. If I tried to instal the pro version (2 cameras), it asked me to pay again. It's not a lot of money but I just feel that I shouldn't pay twice

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@pan 

I don't think you should have to pay again simply because you removed the channel/app either.

Just contact the channel developer at the support email (support@rokucam.com) and I'm sure they can get it straightened out for you.

Although it has 'roku' in the name, this channel/app was not developed by Roku, so need to actually contact the developer of the channel/app.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.