Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimisbell
Reel Rookie

I just plain give up! Nothing works or everytjhing works.

Jump to solution

I cannot set my PIN.  I have tried every suggestion and no joy.  I am told to go to "monitoring"  in the APP When I get there to set the PIN.  CANT, the page is stuck on 2/6 steps complected and I am offered a list the last one that is active is "System Modes" that just tells me what they are. but no further instructions on how to get to the next step which is a greyed out "set PIN".  Ok, there is another way, do it on My.roku.com. and set it there.   I do, and it seems to like what I post but going back to the keypad still says the PIN is incorrect!

For most of this setup I am amazed at how smooth it goes.  I am an IT man with 40+ years of experience and it really looked better that anything I had seen recently....until I got here!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I just plain give up! Nothing works or everytjhing works.

Jump to solution

Hi @jimisbell,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand your frustration about your problem of not being able to set your pin. Please try to sign out of the Roku Smart Home app, uninstall the app, and reinstall it to sign in again. Ensure that you are connected to the internet, and try restarting your Roku Monitoring System SE. You can also check out this support article for detailed, guided steps on how to set up your Roku Home Monitoring System SE and how to change your Roku Home Monitoring System PIN.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I just plain give up! Nothing works or everytjhing works.

Jump to solution

Hi @jimisbell,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand your frustration about your problem of not being able to set your pin. Please try to sign out of the Roku Smart Home app, uninstall the app, and reinstall it to sign in again. Ensure that you are connected to the internet, and try restarting your Roku Monitoring System SE. You can also check out this support article for detailed, guided steps on how to set up your Roku Home Monitoring System SE and how to change your Roku Home Monitoring System PIN.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.