Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dylanknowles414
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to complete Home Monitoring setup on iOS devices

That’s what they say to literally everything. I told the guy that has nothing to do with it I’m using an Ethernet cord 🤦 they are relatively useless. Half of them keep saying it’s my camera ( I don’t even have any camera.) 

GregoryJordanM
Channel Surfer

OP here: yes, the troubleshooting steps I did complete. Didn’t help. Problem started from the get-go, e.g. it never worked

Edwardwstn
Reel Rookie

After many calls and chats with Roku support I talked to a lady who seemed to understand the technical issue. Based on her advice this is what I think. Their iOS app has a bug that prevents the setup from completing (probably introduced in their current version 3.0.0 released about a month ago). But there is a work around. You can go into the iOS system app and turn on the notification manually that the app should be setting. This seems to provide the same functionality that you would have if the app worked correctly. BTW, I offered to work with the app coder to help them recreate the problem so it could be fixed - I’m a very experienced programmer - but got no response.

0 Kudos
Tired1
Reel Rookie

Home monitoring set up stuck on Allow Critical Allerts

I am attempting to set up Home Monitoring on the Roku Smart Home app. I am on the last part of step two. I allowed notifications, and then the app goes to the “Receive Critical Alerts” page.

i selected “Allow critical alerts” and a loading box popped up for just a second. After that nothing else happened. It just stays here. I went back and restarted the notification section. This time I selected skip. Nothing happened.

i went into setting and allowed critical alerts. Came back to the app with the same result.

i deleted the Roku Smart Home app, and reloaded it. Same result.

My Monitoring Hub is set up with the Ethernet cable, so it is not a WiFi problem. I’m on an iPhone 13, iOS 17.5.1

Roku Smart Home app version 3.0.0

IMG_0503.jpeg

Re: Stuck on Step 6 Home Monitoring Setup

same thing happing to me. Restarting phone didn't work. Restarting router didn't work. Reloading roku app didn't work. What now? 

0 Kudos
anduro

Re: Home monitoring set up stuck on Allow Critical Allerts

I'm dealing with the same, seems like people started having trouble with this in the last 3wks. I am also on ethernet, have tried restarting phone, modem, router, reinstalling app, and multiple phones and still can't get through the setup. Going to try to get ahold of an Android phone and see if that works better. Hoping this is an app issue and can be updated ASAP.

Tired1
Reel Rookie

Please let me know if the android solution works!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tired1 @anduro,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble setting up your Roku smart home monitoring system because you can't pass through on "allow critical alerts." We're happy to help. Please try to select the skip option and tell us if the same problem still persists.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
anduro

Hi John, the skip option does not work unfortunately. I still get stuck on this screen when I try that.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @anduro,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We'd love to assist you further with this issue you had with the Roku smart home monitoring system. Do you have a different device or phone? If yes, please try to download the Roku smart home app and try to see if the problem still persists.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.