Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marshallkyle
Reel Rookie

Google Home Roku No Control

I had an existing TCL Roku TV that was linked to Google Home and working fine controlling it, however I’ve recently bought a TCL Roku Smart TV and added it to Google Home but will not control it. 

I’ve unlinked Roku from Google Home, removed both devices from my Roku account, factory reset both TV’s and set everything back up again, but still have the same issue, Google Home will control the old TV but not the new one. It appears fine in Google Home but when I try and command it to turn on or off it says it’s unavailable. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Google Home Roku No Control

Hi @Marshallkyle,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know the issue you've been experiencing using Google Home on your Roku device. Do you have Fast TV Start enabled in Settings > System > Power on your TV?

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to use Google to control your Roku streaming device

If unlinking your Roku device from the Google Home app and then re-linking the device doesn't resolve the issue (with Fast TV Start enabled), please keep us posted together with the serial number of your Roku TV and the version/build of software that your Roku TV is currently running. These can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marshallkyle
Reel Rookie

That did not resolve the issue.

Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4176-48

Serial No: 2309GT0004330B05156

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Marshallkyle,

Thanks for keep us updated!

We have communicated this with the appropriate Roku team, and they're currently looking into it. In the meantime, could you also share with us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marshallkyle
Reel Rookie

Find attached the About page for the TV I’m having issues with TCL Model: 58S450-CA, also attached is the about screen for my other TCL TV that’s working fine and can be controlled by Google home with no issues TCL Model: 40S325-CA.

IMG_0999.jpeg

IMG_1001.jpeg

IMG_1004.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Marshallkyle,

Thanks for the response!

Please note that we have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime are much appreciated.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos