Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smruser96

Re: Date, time, and video resolution not working after the Smart Home update a couple days ago

I’m having the exact same issue and thought it was just me! I’ve restarted the device and even factory reset it and added it back, nothing has worked to fix time stamps, or recording- it won’t detect anything even if your standing right in front of the camera! I’ve had the camera for a year now with the subscription and it’s been great up till this point. I do frequently check in when I’m out of the house to see our dog but even within the home, same WiFi network, it won’t even pull up live view without taking what seems like years to load. I hope this is fixed 

monty643
Channel Surfer

Re: Date, time, and video resolution not working after the Smart Home update a couple days ago

roku needs to fix this, everything you say is happening to me as well. has anyone found a way to remove this new software and just go back to the way it was before all he11 broke out?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We will be delighted to assist you even more. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

Remove the camera

1. Launch the Roku smart home app.
  2. Select the camera.
  3. In the upper right side, select the gear icon or Settings.
  4. Select Delete device.

Add the camera back again

1. Tap the plus sign from the navigation bar and select Add Device.
  2. Select Cameras & doorbells and choose what type of camera are you adding.
  3. Follow the process that was prompted on your Roku smart home app. To successfully set up it.

If the problem still persists, try to restart your modem and router.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ftnf
Channel Surfer

This company has become increasingly shady. This was a forced camera firmware update with zero way to opt out. Probably to save money/space on the clips uploaded to their cloud as the picture quality has taken a significant hit. In what world was this tested before it was pushed out..

ftnf
Channel Surfer

Hi John/Roku,

What about the people that have literally done everything you have suggested.

Also do you care to address even one of the many problems and changes made to the forced camera firmware...?

0 Kudos
monty643
Channel Surfer

this just feels like youre spitting in my face..... we have clearly tried this and nothing is working. SHAME SHAME SHAME!

ftnf
Channel Surfer

Hi John/Roku,

What about all of the people that use these cameras for security for their family and property...?

This is not right, why have you not added tech support to this thread, why is Roku taking zero accountability, this is a very serious matter.

I am really blown away by sheer incompetence this matter has become.

chris16371
Reel Rookie

My cameras just started showing a full 24hr behind, time is correct but the date is wrong. Tried all the "fixes" with no luck. 

I also use wifi smart outlets and starting today they are failing to turn on and off at the set times, which is a major inconvenience. 

0 Kudos
Jaz2022
Channel Surfer

Hi Roku. Please escalate this to tech support. My cameras continue to have problems. In addition to the other problems that I've already mentioned with date, time, error codes, inability to select video speed, now they are randomly stopping recording events and freezing when i try to do a live view. I can usually get things going again by "force stop" my app (or reboot my phone), clear the cache, and even then I can't always get a live view. The camera live view tells me so to reconnect, but that doesn't work unless I immediately also hit the camera reset in the app. After doing this multiple times, I can usually connect and get live view again. But this only lasts a couple hours and then I have to go through the whole procedure again. Usually multiple times a day. The worst part is that when the cam stops working, there is no indication it has stopped, and during that time no events are triggered until I go through this whole process and do a reset again. Before your last update I had very few problems, but now the whole system is very unreliable. Thank you.

Chrisgibson1982
Reel Rookie

Did everything you said twice and still have the same issues

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.