Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lykins2018

Cannot login on Roku Smart Home App

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue with my mobile app on my android. I've already done everything uninstalled the app 2 time reinstalled it manually put in my user name and password still saying nothing matches. I can sign in through regular website just not the app 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cannot login on Roku Smart Home App

Jump to solution

We've updated the Smart Home app on Google Play and you should now be able to log in with the latest app. Please update your Smart Home app and try logging in again.

We're going to go ahead and close this thread as we believe this issue is now resolved, but please open a new thread if you're still experiencing an issue so that we can help. 

More info: [Resolved][Smart Home app] Android log in issue 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Lykins2018

Warm welcomes here in the Roku Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with logging into the Roku Smart Home App. We understand how frustrating this can be and we're here to assist you in resolving the issue. For this matter, we recommend changing the password of your account to successfully log in to the Roku Smart Home App. Kindly be guided on how to reset your password here Password Reset.

If you're still unable to log in with the Roku Smart Home App, please keep us posted, and we'll continue to assist you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Lykins2018, if you don't have the Roku mobile app, install it and see if you can log into your Roku account on it.  If you have it already, but it's signed into a different Roku account, try signing into the same account as you're using for your "smart" 🙄 home devices.  For me, once I signed into the mobile app with the same Roku account that my "smart" devices are linked to I was able to sign in on the smart home app without even needing to enter a password.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

I am not a Roku employee.
scrotor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Renojim!

Hey I was looking thru the posts on this issue, for I just got done installing the roku flood camera and was having the same issues logging into Smart home app.

Your post saved the day. It's interesting how when I do use the Roku app on my phone, I can see real time status of my roku's around the house- This immediately leaves me to believe that I AM logged into my roku account....but I'm not! I logged in via the Roku app, jumped to the Smart home app and it automatically recognized me via email.

Thanks again Renojim.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I cannot log into my account 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @scrotor

Warmest of welcomes.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with the Roku Smart Home app. For this instance, we recommend checking for updates with the app. Once available, kindly update the app. After this, reset the password of your Roku account here Reset Password.

If there aren't any available updates, please check on it and try again later and perform the steps mentioned above once an update is available.

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JMOM

Jump to solution

I am having trouble logging in as well. Going on 2 or 3 days now. Reset my password multiple times and still can't get in. We pay for the services and it's not being fixed. Really getting annoyed. 

0 Kudos
scrotor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

what solved the problem for me was logging into the roku app. It seems like there may be a correlation between the roku app and the smart home app. 

In the roku app, select the icon in the top right corner that kinda looks like a mens bathroom sign. see if your logged in. For me, i was not. so i logged in. then ran the smart home app with no problems signing in.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

We've updated the Smart Home app on Google Play and you should now be able to log in with the latest app. Please update your Smart Home app and try logging in again.

We're going to go ahead and close this thread as we believe this issue is now resolved, but please open a new thread if you're still experiencing an issue so that we can help. 

More info: [Resolved][Smart Home app] Android log in issue 

Happy Streaming!

0 Kudos