Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lemon0602

Re: Cannot login on Roku Smart Home App

Jump to solution

It is not fixed. I purchased the camera. And needed to make an account. Did that. And then it proceeds to tell him how it doesn’t match even though I just created the account.  

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @lemon0602

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with our Roku smart home app. Help is here. We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you.

If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Takthis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried all the above. My Smart Home account matches my app email and password. App just keeps crashing. 

Is there any other way other than this app for me to set up my camera?

As in in my online account or Roku TV? Very frustrating as I just purchased the camera today

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Takthis,

Thanks for reaching out to us here, and we're sorry to hear about this. What mobile device are you using, and what is the build version of the Roku Smart Home App you're currently using? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Please keep us posted, and we're here to assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

I literally just bought this camera today. When I try to use Smart Home it tells me my username and password do not match, which is not true and when I try to create an account I’m told “Unable to create account.” 

Seems like this is a problem for IPhone users and has been for some time. Is there a fix for this and if not why would you sell your product as one that works with IPhones? 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Manleycaity,

We understand you are having problems signing in or creating an account for your Roku Smart Home account. So we can better understand the issue you are experiencing, what OS is your iPhone currently running? Can you provide the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it again? Please ensure you're using the correct email address. Many customers have multiple email accounts and can forget which is in use on their Roku account. Double-check by logging in directly here.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We will be happy to continue assisting you.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
GaryR23

Jump to solution

To echo the sentiments of my peers this issues has yet to be resolved. I also have two cameras that I purchased recently and finally got set up. The app was working fine, then it kicked me out and I cannot sign back in. All aforementioned troubleshooting techniques have been tried to no avail. 

Manny2660
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I set up my outdoor plug and now that it kicked me out of the app I have not been able to log in again. It says that the email or password could not be found. I really need this fixed. 

Paige04
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

At 8:52 pm 9/28 , I was able to use my app, as of now at 2:47 it kicked me out and won’t let me log back in. Says my password is incorrect or my username and password does not match their records. Able to sign in on website with no issue. 

Jump to solution

Same here. Having issues 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.