Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmc0228

Can't setup home monitoring

I'm unable to set up home monitoring. Once I go to set up system, I tap on the first step "Roku Monitoring Hub" and a loading modal shows up and then disappears and nothing happens. I've tried waiting for something to happen, multiple taps, etc. Nothing works and I can't get past that step. I tried with the hub powered off, disconnected and connected via Ethernet. I'm connected on my 2.4ghz network but also tried 5ghz.

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't setup home monitoring

Hi @jmc0228

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a hard time setting up your home monitoring on your app. We'd like to confirm that during your setup, were there any error codes or messages?

You can check this status light during your setup. It is important to understand what the status lights mean as you power on your home monitoring system and continue with the setup process.

Monitoring hub status lights

Your home monitoring hub has three status lights on top. Refer to the chart below to learn what the different lights can tell you about your hub.

Light behavior Status

• Lights off: powered off or has no power
  • Three rolling lights: the monitoring hub is booting
  • Three solid lights: boot sequence complete
  • Lights flashing slowly: ready to connect
  • Lights flashing fast: connecting to a Wi-Fi or Ethernet network

Sensor status lights

Your entry sensors and motion sensors have a red LED status light. The light will blink once when the sensor is powered on and three times when the reset button is pressed.

You can check out this Support article for further information: How to Set Up Your Roku Home Monitoring System SE

Let us know what you find out.
All the best,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
silentglass
Reel Rookie

same here, cant set up monitoring hub, 2 blue light always flash, app will flash loading, for a second then go away.

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @silentglass
Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to set up Home monitoring and install it in your home. Let's work it out together.

We do have a support article on how to set up your Home monitoring, check this out: Set up your Roku Home Monitoring System SE.

Let us know how it goes.
All the best,

Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BradStein20
Reel Rookie

The same thing is happening to me. I can't set up the monitoring hub through wifi or when plugged into the router or modem with the etherrnet cord. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
silentglass
Reel Rookie

got my June 8th, months later, still no reply from ROKU. still not working, never one email from the higher support team.

it was [Roku support: ticket updated] Re:7713318

I see it not on Amazon anymore, maybe it was a Lemon?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BradStein20 @silentglass,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community for assistance.

We appreciate you sharing this information in regard to the Roku Smart Home Monitoring device setup. Rest assured that we want to help you with this. As a start, we would like to know what device or devices are you trying to activate? Other than this, what troubles have you encountered while setting it up?

Let us know. We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BradStein20
Reel Rookie

I got it figured out. System is working.

0 Kudos
JohnH26

I've got the same problem. What did you do? 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnH26,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku Smart Home device are you trying to set up? Are you getting any error codes or messages? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos