Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmedlg
Reel Rookie

i can't get past step 4 -- remote is sync'd, but screen doesn't advance to step 5

Jump to solution

ended up turning off the tv.  restarting it with the tv power button.  re-paired the remote.  then pushed the button on the hdmi stick, and it advanced to the roku logo dancing on the screen.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ahmedlg
Reel Rookie

Re: i can't get past step 4 -- remote is sync'd, but screen doesn't advance to step 5

Jump to solution

so i thought that fixed it, but then it went right back to step 4.

i realized that when they were saying press the button on the remote, that the button on the hdmi plug was actually what needed to be pressed.

i pressed it, and it automatically sync'd the remote and i got through the set up in less than 5 minutes after that.

so, try doing what they say but pressing the reset button on the hdmi plug where it says depress the pairing button.

;o)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
ahmedlg
Reel Rookie

Re: i can't get past step 4 -- remote is sync'd, but screen doesn't advance to step 5

Jump to solution

so i thought that fixed it, but then it went right back to step 4.

i realized that when they were saying press the button on the remote, that the button on the hdmi plug was actually what needed to be pressed.

i pressed it, and it automatically sync'd the remote and i got through the set up in less than 5 minutes after that.

so, try doing what they say but pressing the reset button on the hdmi plug where it says depress the pairing button.

;o)

0 Kudos