Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canozdemir

cannot setup Roku xd 2050x

Jump to solution

I’m having trouble setting up my Roku device with a wired connection. It consistently shows error code 011. When I access the hidden menu to attempt updates, I encounter a network connection error. I understand that this is an older device, but I’ve heard that @RokuDanny-R might be able to assist with resolving these issues.

Here are the details of my device:

• Sn J0A0CR018262
  • Model: 2050x

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: cannot setup Roku xd 2050x

Jump to solution

Hi @canozdemir,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having trouble setting up your Roku Streaming player model XD 2050x. We are more than willing to provide you with further details.

The Roku model XD 2050x is an older version of the Roku streaming player. Roku constantly updates its devices to provide an improved streaming experience. The error messages you received with error code 011 indicate that the Roku device is unable to connect to the Roku Software Update Server, resulting in a failed software update.

It's important to note that the new and updated operating system (OS) 13.1.4 no longer supports the Roku model XD 2050x. For a list of Roku models supported by the new OS version, refer to this support article and the Roku OS software release notes.

Thank you for your understanding. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @canozdemir,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having trouble setting up your Roku Streaming player model XD 2050x. We are more than willing to provide you with further details.

The Roku model XD 2050x is an older version of the Roku streaming player. Roku constantly updates its devices to provide an improved streaming experience. The error messages you received with error code 011 indicate that the Roku device is unable to connect to the Roku Software Update Server, resulting in a failed software update.

It's important to note that the new and updated operating system (OS) 13.1.4 no longer supports the Roku model XD 2050x. For a list of Roku models supported by the new OS version, refer to this support article and the Roku OS software release notes.

Thank you for your understanding. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@canozdemir Just so you know: the 2050 is a first generation Roku, released in Sep 2010. It is now 14 years old and no longer supported. In fact, it hasn't been supported for a number of years. Most of the streaming providers will no longer work on that old of a device, so even if you could get it set up, it simply will not work with most providers. 

If you require a wired network connection, only the Roku Ultra comes with one standard. The Express 4k+ can use a 3rd party USB Ethernet adapter, as can a couple of other models. 

The best value of Roku available today is the Express 4K+, on sale for $30. Even if you don't have a 4K TV, it's worth the extra $10 over the Express for many improved features, as well as including a Voice Remote.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.