Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
horrocks
Channel Surfer

Would Like to Use Only One Roku Remote with Ultra and Streambar Pro

I have a Samsung model QN75Q90TAFXZA and a while back I added the Roku Streambar Pro, connected via HDMI ARC.   I really like this sounder and also added the woofer and rear speakers.  What I don't like is the performance of the built in Roku media player.  I would like to add the Roku Ultra for its performance and retain the Streambar Pro for the audio.  I would like to control both devices using only one Roku remote.  If this is possible, how do I connect both devices to the TV, what setting do I make and what is the whole process?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Would Like to Use Only One Roku Remote with Ultra and Streambar Pro

Don't  do a thing to the Streambar  pro except put its remote away, just connect the ultra to the tv, set the volume to control the tv, which in turn will control the streambar pro volume via cec. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
horrocks
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the quick response. I ordered the Ultra and will try your solution next week. 

0 Kudos
horrocks
Channel Surfer

I received the Ultra and hooked it up. Works great with the Streambar Pro. I noticed that I must keep the internet connected to the Streambar to prevent the orange light from continuously flashing. Also, there is a different on screen notification when changing volume. There is no longer numbers for volume level. It just shows a + and a - on the screen when you change volume. Not a problem really. I am satisfied with your solution and thanks again.

0 Kudos