Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive Roku express remote

Hello! So I just got my fancy Roku express, I followed the manual for every thing plugged in and it loads up the prompt to select my language but my remote doesn’t work. I’ve already changed batteries, and restart my thingy twice as well as bopping the remote against my wrist out of frustration. I’m not sure what else to do 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unresponsive Roku express remote

Hi @Lillithkuhn8,

Congrats on your new Roku Express and on your first post in the Roku Community!

We sincerely apologized for the difficulties you are experiencing and we can definitely understand how that may be frustrating.

We want to make sure that we can get this resolved as soon as possible.

Can you please verify if there is a light showing on your remote? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?

If the behavior continues, review the suggestions for determining why How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.