Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Acarta
Channel Surfer

TiLingo TV Premium not working

Jump to solution

I just purchased the TILINGO TV PREMIUM app for $20.99 8/27/2024 and it doesn’t work. I have a Phillips Android Tv and every time I open the app on the Roku Ultra 4660RW device, there’s nothing but a black rectangle not showing anything on the tv screen. I checked for any Roku updates and my device is up to date with software version: 13.1.4 Build: 1512. I restarted my device 3 times using the settings on the device and nothing. If this app doesn’t work why have it available, I would like a full refund if this app doesn’t work. Part of the problem is we have to purchase an app before we find out it doesn’t work, the is a SCAM! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TiLingo TV Premium not working

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with the TiLingo TV Premium on your Roku device, and we're here to help. We suggest performing the troubleshooting steps below to address the issue. Kindly follow the instructions below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue. They can provide a workaround or there might be a need to update their app on the Roku platform since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

We hope you find this information useful, and feel free to reach out to us anytime if you need further assitance.

Best wishes,
Kash
Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Acarta-

You've restarted your Roku but have you tried reinstalling the TiLingo app?

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key on the Roku remote and choose Remove channel option.  This will remove the channel from your Roku account, and thus from ALL Rokus linked to that same Roku account.

3. IMPORTANT- IF YOU SKIP THIS STEP YOU MAY NOT GET A CLEAN RE-INSTALL:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model you'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power or if you have no Power option, under Settings > System. Repeat on any additional Rokus linked to this Roku account.

[Note: For Roku TVs (i.e. ones with Roku capability built in) with "Fast TV start" enabled, turning the TV off/on just puts it in/out of a standby state and does not give you a full restart. Use the menu options listed above.]

4. Reinstall the channel to your Roku account via the Roku Home page Streaming Channels menu option. This will install the channel on all Rokus linked to this Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
PRican

Jump to solution

If you remove Tilingo and reboot your device and try to load again they want another $20.99 .  I think they took our money.  Now there is another Tilingo app with only the PR channels for $15.99.  I’m thinking it’s a monthly subscription from what I’m reading after I Google Tilingo TV.  Too much $$.  

0 Kudos
Acarta
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It actually works, you have to follow the instructions they gave me then find the right app. There are 3 apps, 2 for $20 each and 1 for $15. Get the $15 app, it has more channels from PR. The $20 app has 3 maybe 4 channels from PR.

0 Kudos
Chiefjms

Jump to solution

I believe the creator is the same one who had the former Puerto Rican channels app. Half of the channels don’t work because he fails to maintain his streaming server. Yes the premium channels stopped working or possibly he was ordered to take it down, but getting a refund? Forget it

0 Kudos
Joseph2024

Jump to solution

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I bought it, it worked for 5 minutes, and then the screen turned black.  I read in this forum that I should try deleting and reinstalling the app. Well... I did that, and they were charging me again.  Of course I did not pay for it, so I will never know if it actually works, but based on these comments, I don't think it does. I am surprised Roku allows this guy to still have his app available.

0 Kudos
Acarta
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It works you just have to search for the app again. There are 3 different apps 2 for $15 and 1 for $20. The one you paid for is there you just have to find it, and once you find it, it will work. As for all of the channels in the app working is a different story. I thought the app was dedicatied to having all Puerto Rico channels like the previous app before it was removed but it does not. All in all I can watch Telemundo PR, all Wapa, teleonce once in a while, the other channels are mostly christian channels and old music videos on one of the $15 apps. No Mega Tv, UnivisionPR, and the others. Nothing like the previous app. From a scale 1-10, 1 being the worst I give it a 5, only because I get something from Puerto Rico.

0 Kudos
Joseph2024

Jump to solution

how I am supposed to "look for it?"  I deleted it, tried to download it again, and they are charging $20+ bucks again. 

0 Kudos
Acarta
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Don't get the $20 app. get the $15 app. Let me see if I remember how I did it. 

0 Kudos
Acarta
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Do a restart then go to your menu and click on Streaming Store. I have the Roku Ultra so it may be different if it's the regular box. But it should be the same process, Restart, Streaming store find your app ( it will not have $$$)

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.