Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ace1062682
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube videos constantly buffering

Jump to solution

The majority of those that I've seen are premium; butvive seen two or three regular youtube accounts having the same issue, less frequently though

Dogfacemarc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think I found a work around.  I will let you know.  Today I ordered a stick from Google and one from Amazon.  I want to see what works best for me.  I have been happy with Roku, but lately it has not been so good.  They blame it on the other apps.  If YouTube is an issue for Roku, then I will have a stick made by Google and then no one to blame but themselves. I will use Roku for the things it works on.

Lisagreyes
Channel Surfer

Re: Youtube lagging - unwatchable

Jump to solution

I lowered it to 480p and increased my wifi account to 150mbps.  It does not seem better.  

0 Kudos
Lisagreyes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Please send feedback to youtube.  The more people complain the faster they will hopefully take a look at it.

0 Kudos
Mr_James
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am also the only premium user in the household experiencing this issue,...

Roku Ultra 4800RW, Roku Ultra 4660RW
ace1062682
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So, not an actual workaround, just a complaint. Thanks. It's a youtube issue not roku

Jeff48

Jump to solution

So glad to see we're not the only one having this issue! I uninstalled youtube, re-started the roku, and reinstalled the YouTube app, nothing seems to help. My Roku connection is fine, Internet speed is solid, and all of the other videos streaming apps are working fine. It's happening on multiple Roku devices here for us too. Hopefully Roku gets this resolved. 

chezt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

working fine on GUEST

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Suddenly YouTube Premium slow and buffering constantly.

Jump to solution

For several days, my YouTube Premium loads slowly, then starts buffering within a couple of minutes, even skipping frames; sometimes I can FF and it will work a little while, but mostly it does not resolve.

I rebooted modem/router; I restarted roku device (3900X Roku Express). No improvement.

I replaced that roku device with a new roku device and remote: 3960X - Roku Express, which required all new channel loading, including YouTube, etc. So, not only did youtube have to be reinstalled, I had to re-log-in to my Premium subscription. So should all be up to date.

NOTE: when I mirror/extend YouTube from my laptop to the screen, it works fine; just as it works fine on my laptop. So, I do not think it is my laptop or my connection.

This has made watching youtube unworkable.

And, Roku will not let me post this. WHY?

chezt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thanx, working on GUEST ACCOUNT

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.