Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
6E616D65
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube videos constantly buffering

Jump to solution

@chezt

That kind of indicates something corrupted in the user profile if logging in as guest works. I see an option to reset the app (when logged in to Youtube, not a Roku option), then you'll need to login with your credentials again. I'd try that. It's not all users because my login to Youtube with a Premium annual sub is still working fine on Roku.

Then again, I'm watching on a 1080P set until I get my AC fixed. I haven't seen any 4K content on Roku in a while because it's too hot in the living room to use the 4k set. You could try limiting output to 1080P in the Roku to see if it stops buffering when you're logged in, although that's not a fix. And simply choosing a lower resolution in youtube should accomplish the same thing.

I don't see anyone saying what content they're having trouble with, so no that's all I got.

EDIT: Checking a 4K stream on another set, no problems with either a wired connection streaming around 70Mbps, or wireless streaming over 100 Mbps, buffer stayed over 20 seconds on each, logged in on Youtube premium. 

I'd say try an app reset using the Youtube settings option, or wait for Youtube to fix it for you.

0 Kudos
ace1062682
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You're right. It's not everyone, but it's the vast majority of users(premium or not seems increasingly not to matter)  and it seems to be on nearly any device(excluding desktop and mobile for the most part)

0 Kudos
semmelbroesel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not sure if this is a fluke (or if the "escalation" my support person talked about had any effect), but we just watched two videos, and everything seems to be working again.

Rickster22
Reel Rookie

Re: Suddenly YouTube Premium slow and buffering constantly.

Jump to solution

Google has just distributed a new build, and it is now working.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Suddenly YouTube Premium slow and buffering constantly.

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for reporting the issue you have encountered with the YouTube app.

We believe that Google has fixed the buffering, lagging, and freezing issues with the YouTube app. We encourage you to try accessing and streaming the app again.

If you are still experiencing the same problem, please inform us, and we will continue to assist you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.