Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angelcop74

Re: YouTube videos constantly buffering

Jump to solution

YES! Mine started yesterday on all 3 of my roku tv's but no issues on my pc, or phone. Anyone know how to get help from Roku?

Lisagreyes
Channel Surfer

Re: Youtube lagging - unwatchable

Jump to solution

What do you mean Guest account?  Log off of YT and access how?  Sorry I am confused.  Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Suddenly YouTube Premium slow and buffering constantly.

Jump to solution

You'll find several people reporting the same issue in the Channels & viewing section.  Looks like a bad update from Google.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Jump to solution

Mine is set to auto and shouldn't have problems viewing 720p and up, but have been experiencing the same problem since yesterday. Lowering quality to 480p or lower seemed to help at first, but encountered the same issue. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and restarted each time, but nothing works.

Jump to solution

Like most of you, I have been having the same problem. Woth youtube as my primary way to watch TV, it is a tad frustrating. I had tried my account on every device to no avail. The roku tv just pauses and buffers, my firestick will continue to play the video but will stay at a still image on the screen, and my Xbox does the same thing. It's only on my main account though, I have a secondary account and everything seems to work fine on there. It is a business account though so i don't want to use it daily and muddy up the recommendations on that account. I know it's not my internet because the second account works fine and I have excellent connection strength. I have tried everything, I might just resort to watching youtube on my iPad because I don't know what else it could be.

Lisagreyes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Please send feedback to YT.  I hope they receive everyone's complaints or support tickets.  Please let me know if you find a way to resolve it.

0 Kudos
W9

Jump to solution

Have the same problem with both of my streaming sticks after updates on both units as of 5/12-15/24 updates. Try to play videos only a short time then the buffering starts then they freeze. Only on you tube and no other apps. I use friendly tv app and others with no trouble.

Jump to solution

Agent support isn't available for Roku Express users.

Jump to solution

Where do I send feedback to Youtube? I tried Roku's agent support, but Roku Express isn't covered.

0 Kudos
Maxters
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It would be nice if they acknowledged the issue just to let us know officially they recognize a problem and researching it.. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.