Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: YouTube videos constantly buffering

Jump to solution

Same issue, no change after following all the common troubleshooting steps. This seema like it's related to YouTube ad injection, meaning the freeze occurs when an ad would be loaded instead of additional video data from the video I'm watching. I subscribe to YouTube premium so there won't be any ad content, and maybe that's part of the problem.

I normally block all Google advertisement DNS via PiHole but I have tested removing the blocks for various youtube, doubleclick, and googleadservices domains without any change in behavior.

Are others in this thread using YouTube Premium? 

JoelM

YouTube app on my Hisense Roku TV keeps buffering

Jump to solution

Hi I’m having trouble with YouTube on my Hisense Roku TY. It keeps buffering. I restarted my internet. I removed the app and restarted the TV then reinstalled the app back same problem. I tried everything and it’s still buffering. Can you please help 

0 Kudos
Scramblicon
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube app constant buffering

Jump to solution

Me too.  Same buffering on Youtube premium.  I did the uninstall / reinstall Youtube.  Reset everything and re-logged in with everything and it still does it.  I even put my router next to the Roku, no changes and my PC and phone work with no problems.

0 Kudos
c0ff33g33k
Reel Rookie

Re: Youtube lagging - unwatchable

Jump to solution

YouTube only plays when I bump the resolution down below 720p… definitely something on their end. Videos freeze but the voice keeps playing… buffers until the picture freezes

c0ff33g33k
Reel Rookie

Re: Youtube lagging - unwatchable

Jump to solution

I did… 👍🏼

semmelbroesel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have Youtube Premium and should not be experiencing ads - theoretically...

Scramblicon
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming app issues with YouTube and Netflix

Jump to solution

Yep - Amazon prime working flawlessly.  Maybe Youtube problem except Youtube premium is working fine on my PC.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I also am experiencing this issue. YouTube premium user. Other users on my network aren't experiencing this, and they're not YouTube premium users either. 🤔

Started a couple days ago, contacted Roku support, went through the whole rigamarole of basic fixes, and didn't work. They took some info to send to the backend team.

I switched to a guest account and seems to resolve the issue. Though that's just a temporary fix of course.

mdmbrad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't have a premium YouTube account. Been using it for years with no issues until the last two days. As things stand now it's unusable... buffering every few seconds and freezing sometimes as well. For now the 'Guest' account seems to work for me, but only as a temporary work around. Doing that, we lose our history, subscriptions, playlists and suggestions that fit our preferences. Sure I can mirror my phone or plug in an HDMI cable to the T.V. but seriously?  Roku really needs to get on the ball with this.

semmelbroesel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

At least their support staff acknowledge that there is an issue and claim that they are working on it.

No idea if this is true or just something they are told to say...

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.