Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KunGor
Channel Surfer

Stuck on ROKU Setup screen

i'm also experiencing the same issue with my Roku being stuck on the language screen. No troubleshoot steps have been able to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Stuck on ROKU Setup screen

Hello @KunGor

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
KunGor
Channel Surfer

My Roku device is connected to a wall outlet. I can see the language setup screen, but can't select english. I've changed the battery of the remote and tried setting the Roku device by pressing and holding the reset button for 15 seconds, but nothing helps.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@KunGor

Thanks for the response.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KunGor
Channel Surfer

S07S426JNWUS

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@KunGor

Appreciate the reply.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KunGor
Channel Surfer

Hi, i'm still experiencing the same issue and have not been contacted yet. Are there any updates with regards to this?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@KunGor 

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I followed up on your concern with our team. Expect that you will be getting an email from them within the day. 

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KunGor
Channel Surfer

Hi, it's been a week and i have not been contacted by anyone with regards to my issue. Are there any updates ? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KunGor,

Thanks for following up.

We're sorry to hear about this wasn't a smooth resolution but not to worry, our Support team responded via email recently. Please check your email from our Support team, they will be assisting you from there.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos