Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gc41
Reel Rookie

Re: Stuck on ROKU Setup screen

I am having the same issue with mine. It is plugged into the wall and the s/n is so7p2222ryol.  I have tried to factory reset it with the button on the back and it will not reset. Pressed in button for over a minute. It just shuts off and the light remains steady. 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Gc41 

Thanks for the post.

Before forwarding your concern to our Support team, try unplugging your router first, then boot up your Roku device. Once it's up, replug your router. Make sure to troubleshoot in this order, and then let us know if there's any difference afterward.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gc41
Reel Rookie

I just tried that and it is still not booting up

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Gc41 

Appreciate the update.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Cdjackman

I am having the same issue I have a blinking light and I am stuck on the let's get started English screen and it will not let me do anything

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cdjackman,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with your Roku device. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • What Roku model device are you using?
  • How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?
  • have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?

• Have you already tried performing a factory reset on the device to see if you can get past the language screen? 
    For more information about how to factory reset your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos