Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GnG

Streaming Stick Activation Issue

Jump to solution

I am attempting to set up a Streaming Stick. I have connected via wifi but then it doesn't go any further for logging in or sign up - I just get the white ROKU logo jumping up and down.  "Home" and "OK" buttons have no result. I have tried turning off/on and unplugging. I have changed router addresses.  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming Stick Activation Issue

Jump to solution

Welcome, @GnG.

We are delighted to have you here in the Roku Community!

We see that you are experiencing difficulty activating your Roku Streaming Stick. We are here to provide assistance.

If you haven't tried any troubleshooting steps, you can try the following to see if it will resolve the issue:

1. To restart the setup process for your Roku Stick, attempt a Factory Reset. Locate the reset button on your device and press and hold it for at least 10 seconds. This will initiate the reset process, allowing you to start the setup from the beginning.
  2. Check if you're powering the Roku Device directly to the power outlet and not on the TV. 
  3. Try other means of connection. Connect a Mobile Hotspot or other internet router to improve your internet connection.
  4. If the issue persists, try connecting your Roku Stick to an HDMI Extender. This will improve the connectivity issues you're experiencing.

We highly recommend trying these troubleshooting suggestions to know if they improve your current situation.

Please keep us posted if you have other concerns.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming Stick Activation Issue

Jump to solution

Welcome, @GnG.

We are delighted to have you here in the Roku Community!

We see that you are experiencing difficulty activating your Roku Streaming Stick. We are here to provide assistance.

If you haven't tried any troubleshooting steps, you can try the following to see if it will resolve the issue:

1. To restart the setup process for your Roku Stick, attempt a Factory Reset. Locate the reset button on your device and press and hold it for at least 10 seconds. This will initiate the reset process, allowing you to start the setup from the beginning.
  2. Check if you're powering the Roku Device directly to the power outlet and not on the TV. 
  3. Try other means of connection. Connect a Mobile Hotspot or other internet router to improve your internet connection.
  4. If the issue persists, try connecting your Roku Stick to an HDMI Extender. This will improve the connectivity issues you're experiencing.

We highly recommend trying these troubleshooting suggestions to know if they improve your current situation.

Please keep us posted if you have other concerns.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.