Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ERamirez9
Reel Rookie

Sony Bravia TV has no USB connection

My Sony Bravia has no USB to connect my Premiere Roku. It has three HDMi connections. Yes I will use one of those connections for the “premiere” but I need a USB connection too. Any advice what I can do?  Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Sony Bravia TV has no USB connection

No Roku requires the TV to have USB.  The USB plug is for power and is normally plugged into an AC power supply that is plugged into the wall.

0 Kudos
ERamirez9
Reel Rookie

Yes but TV doesn’t have one is there such a thing as a converter for the HDMI port? Maybe I should also see if Roku has an AC power cord option. Thank you 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

In the US, Rokus come with a power supply included in the box.  Depending on the Roku model it will either be a USB power adapter to be used with an included USB cable or a dedicated "wall wart" power supply with an attached cord.  (Some have reported a USB adapter may not be included in some geographical regions.)

The USB ports on some televisions, if they even have one, only supply 0.5 amp or less, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably.  The preferred method is to plug the power supply directly to your house power. 

If yours is a model powered by USB and you don't have a Roku adapter handy, any other you have from another device should work as long as the fine print on it says it outputs at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ERamirez9
Reel Rookie

I ordered a power cord so all is well. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

The newer express now doesn't come with usb power adapter here in the US market. That's why it can put on sale for $17.99, no adapter included.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.