Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwerty3
Reel Rookie

RokuTV Onn Controller Unresponsive, Cannot Setup TV

I cannot set up my Roku ON 50' 4K UHD TV. The remote is unresponsive and cannot go beyond the 'Choose Your Language' screen. I have already changed the batteries of the remote.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: RokuTV Onn Controller Unresponsive, Cannot Setup TV

Is it a voice remote with a microphone button or a "simple" remote?  If it's a voice remote, it has to be paired with the TV before it will work.  If it's a simple remote, you can verify whether it's transmitting by pointing it at a digital camera like the one in your phone and pressing some buttons on the remote.  If it's transmitting, you should see flashes coming from the remote on the camera's screen.

For a voice remote:

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
qwerty3
Reel Rookie

It is a "simple" remote. Lights are flashing from the remote, but still no response from the TV. I got the down button to work on a single occasion, but cannot get it to work again an still cannot proceed with the set-up process.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@qwerty3, the only other things I'd suspect are something interfering with the remote like sunlight hitting the front of the TV or another remote in the room with a stuck button.  Beyond that, there's always the possibility that the receiver in the TV is faulty.  It may be time to contact onn since it's their remote and they made the TV.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.