Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku remote suddenly stopped controlling Streambar

I have a Roku Streambar that the remote suddenly started controlling the TV volume, and not the Streambar. I tried another Roku remote, and the universal remote we use to control both, and only the volume on the TV goes up or down. In turn, this does not adjust the sound at all. I found I can only control the volume on the Streambar through the Roku app. I have an older LG TV, and Streambar is connected via HDMI and Optical for audio. I tried another HDMI port, as well as checked all connections. I also tried resetting the Roku, but no matter what remote I use, it only controls the TV volume and not the Streambar volume. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote suddenly stopped controlling Streambar

Greetings from the Roku Community, @ramsesfan13!

We appreciate you reaching out. We'd be more than happy to assess your concern better and help you find the best resolution.

Before proceeding, may we know if this is the remote that came with your Roku Streambar? If not, kindly let us know what the specific remote is with the help of our support article: Identify your Roku remote

In the meantime, we suggest the steps provided below to see if this will make any difference:

Reset your remote

If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling the batteries.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote

If your voice remote has a rechargeable battery, follow the steps below below to reboot your remote

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds.  

After doing so, pair it again and try to control the volume of your Streambar. 

Remove unwanted remotes

If you previously paired other Roku remotes to your Roku Streambar, please remove them under Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes.

Your update is highly anticipated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.