Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfdaigle44
Channel Surfer

Roku streaming stick keeps freezing, Nothing Works!

since then, I opted the option to return the device (back in Sept 23). received an automated message saying someone will get in touch with me.  Never got any feedback whatsoever, sending periodic message referring to case ID, nothing still as of today. any suggestion?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jfdaigle44,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to investigate this issue further. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is it isolated? (Specify)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jfdaigle44
Channel Surfer

I ran out of options, as far as troubleshooting goes, I have tried it all with someone from this group and other research on the web. the device is stuck in booting mode forever. that is the reason I opted to return the device.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jfdaigle44,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We really do apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate you reaching out to us about this.

We've reviewed your account, and this has been facilitated by one of our support teams. Please keep an eye on your email address for future updates.

In the meantime, if you haven't tried this troubleshooting, we would recommend performing this: How do I use Recovery Mode on my Roku TVTM?

If no avail, please get back here, and we'll move forward to the next step.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jfdaigle44
Channel Surfer

the device does NOT complete the boot sequence, therefore no menu available.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @jfdaigle44,

Thank you for the update. It looks like it will require some assistance from our friends at TCL to help diagnose your TV hardware. In the event of hardware failure, they will provide you with the option you have, as warranty replacements and claims are taken care of by our hardware partner (TCL)

You can find their support options at https://support.roku.com/article/115006475047 (Where can I get support for my Roku TV?) or you can reach them at 1-877-300-8837 

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jfdaigle44
Channel Surfer

thank you but I ended up in this topic by mistake, my issue is with the Stick 4k, not the Roku TV. I would need the equivalent for the Stick, or feedback from customer services as they should have gotten back to me long time ago!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV Keeps Freezing, Nothing Works!

Hi @jfdaigle44,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We'd love to investigate further this issue that you're having with the Roku streaming stick. May we know when the issue started? Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider? How far is your device from your network router?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jfdaigle44
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku streaming stick keeps freezing, Nothing Works!

Please note that I will not reply to any troubleshooting recommendations, as I said earlier, this was done long time ago, and I have tried it all, believe me.  I was just hoping that someone here would help me undersdand why my request for a device return was never taken into account. I got and automated message saying someone will get back to me, back in September 2023. Never got any more feedback since then.

Is it a lost cause?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku streaming stick keeps freezing, Nothing Works!

Hi @jfdaigle44,

Thank you for updating us here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku streaming stick?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.