Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stefan25

Search Function absent makes product unusable

Jump to solution

I have just bought the system but frankly it is a complete waste of money. There is no facility to search for apps or to download them. I would like to use the Digital Theatre App. 

My son can get it in the UK as he has a search facility. I am in France and nothing.

I certainly won't be recommending the product, in fact I shall be telling friends to avoid.

Support options also seem awful. 0/10 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Search Function absent makes product unusal

Jump to solution

Hi @Stefan25,

Welcome to the community for Roku!

Thank you for contacting us on this. We would like to inform you that if you are using a Roku device connected to a Roku account that was created in an area where we do not directly market or sell Roku products, including Roku TVs, then the 'Search' option is not available.

It is now only accessible in English in the US, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom. For Spanish, the United States and Mexico.

You mention that you have a relative from the UK, and that can be used to create a Roku account where search functionality is available. You can create an account there, and that would serve as a workaround.

You can refer to our Support page here for instructions on how to proceed: How to create a Roku account.

I hope this gets you back!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Search Function absent makes product unusal

Jump to solution

Hi @Stefan25,

Welcome to the community for Roku!

Thank you for contacting us on this. We would like to inform you that if you are using a Roku device connected to a Roku account that was created in an area where we do not directly market or sell Roku products, including Roku TVs, then the 'Search' option is not available.

It is now only accessible in English in the US, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom. For Spanish, the United States and Mexico.

You mention that you have a relative from the UK, and that can be used to create a Roku account where search functionality is available. You can create an account there, and that would serve as a workaround.

You can refer to our Support page here for instructions on how to proceed: How to create a Roku account.

I hope this gets you back!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.