Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark-S
Reel Rookie

Roku streaming stick 4K with Samsung TU7000D smart TV -- Split screen on startup for first 10 sec

Jump to solution

I have my Roku stick inserted into HDMI-1 on my Samsung smart TV. Everything works fine -- but there is one minor annoyance for the first 10 sec on startup.  The top half of the screen displays the Roku home screen and the bottom half of the screen shows the standard Samsung OS icon ribbon.  After 10 sec, only the Roku home screen appears.

I would rather go directly to the Roku home screen filling the entire TV upon startup. Is there any way to accomplish that? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku streaming stick 4K with Samsung TU7000D smart TV -- Split screen on startup for first 10 se

Jump to solution

You'd have to go through the TV's settings to see if anything affects that.  A Samsung forum might be a better place to ask.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku streaming stick 4K with Samsung TU7000D smart TV -- Split screen on startup for first 10 se

Jump to solution

You'd have to go through the TV's settings to see if anything affects that.  A Samsung forum might be a better place to ask.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Mark-S
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Got it, thanks.

For other Samsung/Roku newbies, the Samsung Smart Hub can be turned off at startup by going to:

Settings>General>Smart Features and disabling "autorun smart hub."

jjbovenzi

Jump to solution

Perfect thank you!!

0 Kudos