Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deltabravo26
Channel Surfer

Roku setup problem with entering email address

Jump to solution

Brand new second roku. Trying to set it up so it syncs with my already existing account. I am asked at one point to enter the email address associated with my existing account. As far as I know, every email address contains an @ symbol, but cannot find it anywhere. I've checked every screen without finding one. Am I just missing something, or is there a way to import the symbol?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku setup problem with entering email address

Jump to solution

@deltabravo26, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your TV screen appears to be cracked or otherwise defective.  You can get to the @ symbol from where you are with the "5" highlighted by pressing left, down twice, and then OK, but I think you have bigger problems.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
deltabravo26
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Problem solved. thanks so much. I see what happened now. The vertical bands on the right were covering up that whole column. Aboutt those bars. It's our oldest TV and probably on its last legs. Oddly enough, they disappear whenever I'm streaming. How do I mark this as solved?

!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @deltabravo26,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Congrats on your new Roku device! We understand you are having difficulties in entering your email address when trying to activate your Roku device and we will do our best to assist you but we need further details. Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
deltabravo26
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Mary, thanks for replying. I can't think of any more information that would be helpful beyond what I said in my post. It's really quite simple: where can I find the @  symbol in one of the many keyboard layouts you have. I have looked and looked buy cannot find it. I need one to put in my email address in the setup of the Roku. Thanks.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@deltabravo26, the standard Roku keyboard has the @ symbol in the bottom left of the number pad that's displayed to the right of the letters.  Some channels/apps choose to use a keyboard of their own design, so it would help to know exactly what you're trying to log into.  As @RokuMary-F said, a picture of the screen would also help.

0 Kudos
deltabravo26
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

renojim Thanks for replying. I'm attaching twjpeg version.jpgjpeg version2.jpgo shots. One is of the place I'm at and the other is a close up of the right hand side of the numerical part of the keypad. As you can see, the bottom lower left (the place you describe on your message) has a 'period' but no '@' symbol. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@deltabravo26, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your TV screen appears to be cracked or otherwise defective.  You can get to the @ symbol from where you are with the "5" highlighted by pressing left, down twice, and then OK, but I think you have bigger problems.

0 Kudos
deltabravo26
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Problem solved. thanks so much. I see what happened now. The vertical bands on the right were covering up that whole column. Aboutt those bars. It's our oldest TV and probably on its last legs. Oddly enough, they disappear whenever I'm streaming. How do I mark this as solved?

!

0 Kudos