Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chasticsto
Reel Rookie

Roku install causes ziply fiber FIOS remote and atV remote to not function properly

Jump to solution

I just purchased a Roku express and hooked it up to my Panasonic plasma TV thru the HDMI slot, got it up and running (good enough); however I am also still using Ziply FIOS fiber TV service, and use the Ziply remote to swap between Tv and HDMI 1 to get to the Roku and back.  Now, however I cannot use the Ziply remote as every button I push makes the system connect to the HDMI 1 channel that the Roku is connected to.  I would expect that the Roku remote would only control while the Tv is selected for the HDMI channel and the other remotes wouldn’t be confused.  Any ideas why this is happening?  Ziply and Frontier used to be the old Verizon FIOS.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku install causes ziply fiber FIOS remote and atV remote to not function properly

Jump to solution

It could be that the remote has overlapping or similar codes to what Roku uses.  Try unchecking "1-touch play" under Settings->System->Control other devices.  You could also get a Voice Remote and "hide" the Express so that the remote's transmission can't reach the Express.  If you can still take it back, you may want to exchange it for the Express 4k+ which comes with a Voice Remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku install causes ziply fiber FIOS remote and atV remote to not function properly

Jump to solution

It could be that the remote has overlapping or similar codes to what Roku uses.  Try unchecking "1-touch play" under Settings->System->Control other devices.  You could also get a Voice Remote and "hide" the Express so that the remote's transmission can't reach the Express.  If you can still take it back, you may want to exchange it for the Express 4k+ which comes with a Voice Remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Chasticsto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The setting choice seems to work  just fine ( I tried reprogramming the set top box remote and it worked at first but then not at all ). Thanks so much!

0 Kudos