Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Templar99

Roku has burnt out TWO TVs

Mine too. The picture on the screen froze up and when I tried to turn the TV off and back on it was dead and I notice the Roku light was out. I had been having problems with the Roku for a while with the sound going off, I'd have to reboot the Roku to get audio back. This happened several times a week, sometimes more than once a day. It cost me the price of a new TV to learn but no more Roku for me.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku has burnt out TWO TVs

Hi @Templar99,

We are happy to have you join the Roku Community and would like to thank you for getting in touch.

We understand that you're having issues with this behavior on your Roku device.

Could you tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? What Roku device are you using right now? If that is the case, how are you powering your device? Are you connecting it directly to a wall socket or to a USB connection on your TV?

With better understanding, we'll be able to provide you with the appropriate next steps.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NJuser460

Me too!  (Well, one tv -- I've been afraid to plug my Roku into another).  I bought my Roku Streambar (Model 9102R) in early December 2023 and connected it to my 50"Samsung smart tv that is less than two years old and had been working perfectly.  I experienced some annoying and unexplainable connectivity issues where the audio would occasionally switch back and forth between the tv audio and the Roku audio (which was the main reason I bought the Roku Streambar). And just as I was getting really fed up with that problem, which I couldn't figure out how to fix, I ran into an entirely new and much worse problem: the picture on my tv seemed to be burning up from the inside -- like, an 'inkblot' would appear in the center and grow rapidly until it took over the whole screen within like 10 seconds. So I turned everything off. Turned it all back on again and it was fine... for like 2 minutes, and then it happened again. Turned it all off and unplugged everything for over an hour. Tried again... same thing. The TV is now totally shot. It was obviously the Roku -- only plausible explanation. What am I supposed to do now?

Roku destroyed Samsung tv (02.04.24).jpg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @NJuser460.

It is highly appreciated that you brought this to our attention. No worries! We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution for this.

Before we proceed, we'd like to assess your concern better so we'd like to know if:

• Does this happen even when you unplug your Roku Streambar to your Samsung TV? 
  • Have you tried to plug your Roku Streambar into a different HDMI port to see if this will make any difference?

In the meantime, we also highly suggest reaching out to your TV manufacturer for further clarification.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you utilize your Roku Streambar again and provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos